Trade: Raiders acquire Zay Jones from Bills

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Jones is no where near a "legit" starter. He is awful. Cannot catch a cold if he was dripping wet in freezing temperatures.

Duke Williams was signed off the practice squad mere days before playing Sunday and scoring the GWG td and doing more in 1 game then Jones did in 5. Bills fans are happy Jones is gone.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Jones is no where near a "legit" starter. He is awful. Cannot catch a cold if he was dripping wet in freezing temperatures.

Duke Williams was signed off the practice squad mere days before playing Sunday and scoring the GWG td and doing more in 1 game then Jones did in 5. Bills fans are happy Jones is gone.

He had almost 700 receiving yards in his second nfl season last year and 7 touchdowns to go along with it. If that is awful then there is a lot of awful receivers in the nfl lol.
He got zero playing time this season so not much he can do with that to build upon his 2018 season.

He was a second round pick only two years ago, lots of potential there still, only 24 years old.

I am not sure which bills fans you speak of, but one of my good buddies is a big bills fan and is annoyed they didn’t give him a fair shake, had high hopes for the kid and expects him to blossom into raiders number two receiver with Tyrell Williams.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
He had almost 700 receiving yards in his second nfl season last year and 7 touchdowns to go along with it. If that is awful then there is a lot of awful receivers in the nfl lol.
He got zero playing time this season so not much he can do with that to build upon his 2018 season.

He was a second round pick only two years ago, lots of potential there still, only 24 years old.

I am not sure which bills fans you speak of, but one of my good buddies is a big bills fan and is annoyed they didn’t give him a fair shake, had high hopes for the kid and expects him to blossom into raiders number two receiver with Tyrell Williams.

He was the #1 receiver last year. 700 yards is nothing special. He was outplayed by UDFA Robert Foster. Nearly all Bills fans were hoping Foster would get more of a chance not Zay Jones. Draft status means nothing after a rookie year.

Look, Jones can possibly be an OK #3 option. The truth is he has been mediocre at best as a Bill, did not make one important difficult catch and let ANOTHER UDFA outshine him.

Last year 56-652-7 on 102 targets.

Last year for Robert Foster 27-541-3 on 44 targets

Zay had 2.5 times as many targets and finished with barely 100 more yards. Nice he caught 7 TDs that is not sustainable. Jones career numbers through the first 37 games of his career are good for a #1 WR for a single season, not 2 and 1/3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad