Pre-Game Talk: Ragnars @ Caps - 12/8/17 - 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Quoted from Trilobyte (from PGT of Penguin game)

The thing about hockey is that you never can say exactly what happened. Jarry did not look solid to me tonight, yet all I heard about here was how bad Pavelec looked even though Pavelec stopped the regular stuff and more.
That's hockey. A million different opinions.

Love this post. It really can exacerbate general opinions of players, coaches and how a team plays. To agree or disagree. That is the question. I thought that Kevin Hayes had a very inauspicious good game. The next Rangers fan thought he had a crappy game vs the Pens. Truth be told, I really did think that and Kevin has quietly had a very good season thus far. Anyone agree?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Trotz likes throwing out his little barbs. I remember that one about the Rangers disappearing in the rear-view mirror. No doubt, he thought it was safe.
Orpik, at that that particular stage of his career, being your primary partner? Did Trotz really think nobody was going to look a bit harder at his statement?
Similar to Boudreau, just keep Trotz for as long as possible, Washington, and the Rangers will continue to benefit from that.
Arrogance always pisses me off.

Good ol' BB ripping into MSG crowd saying they are quiet. Next minute "Can you hear us chants".

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Wilson doesn't goon it up anymore. He's the next Gretzky now.

Keep up with the times, friendo
I liken him to the Brad Marchand. Did anyone here HONESTLY ever think Marchand would ever be ANYTHING but a Sean Avery type player? C'mon be honest. Well I didn't. Had no idea he had that much talent. I'll even go as far as to admit that I thought the 21 he got in 2010 was a fluke and wouldn't ever get near that again. Boy was I wrong. The kind of guy you hate, but would LOVE on your team.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Trotz comments on Shatty:

Kind of like Trotz as a coach. Thought of as top tier, but really isn't. Never been past the 2nd round in his entire coaching career.

Plus, I just remember his comments about the Rangers on 24/7 in the 2015 season "This team will be in our rearview mirror soon, they're not on your level" to his own team. Then we came back from down 3-1 to beat them in the playoffs. God damn that was sweet.

24/7 in 2015? Not like the 24/7 from 2012 is it?

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Any guesses as to who plays against Washington? Will Pavelec go and Lundqvist play against Jersey or will they go with Lundqvist, rest him against the Devils and then play him against Dallas on Monday?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It's SO infuriating. It feels like he's scored 50 goals against us in that fashion. I'd gladly live with committing 2 defenders to him and giving up PP goals to any other Cap.

G/GP against Rangers: 0.604
G/GP against non-Rangers: 0.609

He's average against us... for him, anyway.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
And if he was putting up Shattenkirk level numbers, he wouldn't be a great top-pairing option either.

The point I'm making is on PB's "if you can't defend top players you aren't 1st pairing" comment.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The point I'm making is on PB's "if you can't defend top players you aren't 1st pairing" comment.

Right, but I think there's an obvious caveat to that. If you're going to put up points the way Karlsson does, then your defense needs only to be adequate.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Also Shatty had 56 points last season and is on pace to break that. Yeah he's a #2.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Right, but I think there's an obvious caveat to that. If you're going to put up points the way Karlsson does, then your defense needs only to be adequate.

Yet EK's D is anything but adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->