Raffi Torres Appreciation Thread

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Thank you for all you have done even with some of the boneheads plays you have made. Then again, it was that bonehead play in the playoffs vs Chicago that did help us go deep in the 2012 playoffs.

I hope Raffi returns but best of luck to him.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
Thanks, Raffi - for being a scary guy on the ice, but a nice guy off the ice! When we went to practice at the Ice Den, my daughter ran up to you with a big smile on her face and you immediately gave her a hug. So the crazy eyes and big hits hide a nice heart!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I'd laugh my ass off if the Sharks play the Blackhawks in the 1st round and he is key to the Blackhawks 1st round exit.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Raffi. A little reckless at times, but you were always a gamer who put the bark in Yotes hockey. Best of luck.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Torres gave a full effort every shift. One of those players that every hockey fan hates unless he's on your team.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Well deserved appreciation thread for Raffi. He gives 100% every second he's on the ice and has underrated offensive talent. Sure would love to see him back next year...but could see teams like Philly, NYR and yeah, even Boston and Chicago, make a run at him.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Judging by Tippett's comments today, it sounds like there is some interest in re-signing Torres in the summer. This could be a classic rental situation. Can't say the same for Lombo and Sully though; those moves are purely the organization "going in a different direction".

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Still maintain the Hossa it was not even a penalty. Legal hit. I won't get into "clean" versus "dirty" but it was definitely legal.

He's a good player and I enjoyed his time here, but I'm just not sure he's worth twice the salary of either Chipchura or Klinkhammer.

coyotes

Mar 8, 2013
I love Raffi. Good luck to you my man! And thank you for everything you've done for us.

NWShark*

This is great to read! Glad to see he was appreciated here. You'd swear we just traded for Lucifer himself according to some of the sharks fans... I hope he plays well for the sharks and we try to resign him. He gets to play with a pretty talented offensive center no matter which line he ends up on so he should put up points.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I hope we get him back. I understand why Canuck fans love him and likely always will. The man is a gamer.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Can't add anymore than what people have already said. He was a true competitor,all the best to him.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
This is great to read! Glad to see he was appreciated here. You'd swear we just traded for Lucifer himself according to some of the sharks fans... I hope he plays well for the sharks and we try to resign him. He gets to play with a pretty talented offensive center no matter which line he ends up on so he should put up points.

the sharks could use a Lucifer in the playoffs.

the coyotes missed their Lucifer in the Kings series.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Thanks for everything Raffi! You were awesome against Chicago.. It's too bad you got a huge suspension :(

Wish him nothing but the best in SJ.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
So far it appears that Raffi won't be playing in tonights game with the Sharks despite working out with the team. I thought he was going to be a regular on the Sharks?

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
So far it appears that Raffi won't be playing in tonights game with the Sharks despite working out with the team. I thought he was going to be a regular on the Sharks?

The Sharks will play on Friday, but because they’re on a six-game winning streak, McLellan cautioned that Torres might be scratched rather than make his debut. That may give him more time to learn the Sharks’ system, although the 31-year-old forward doesn’t seem to be embracing that idea.

“You can talk systems to me, but I kind of do my own thing out there sometimes. It’s probably cost me a lot of minutes and playing time, but we’ll go over some things, for sure,†Torres said. “It’s all about trying to keep things simple. When I start thinking too much out there, that’s when it starts to go south.â€

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/05/will-sharks-fans-embrace-old-nemesis-raffi-torres/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad