Radulov

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Radulov was a can’t miss signing. Kudos to Nill for not missing on the chip shot.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I’m extremely jealous of you guys signing Radulov. The Stars got one heck of a hockey player. He was our best forward in Montreal. Fans will love him in Dallas, he’s the complete package. He’s good on all three zone and his work ethic is contagious,

It’s really too bad that we lost him, take care of him.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He’s great. Unfortunately, outside of the top line, this team has nothing. I can’t imagine how awful this team would be if Radulov chose to stay in Montreal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
His compete level is off the charts, and it lasts 82 games

He should be able to maintain the pace for most of the season.

Last year is a poor comparable as he had just come back from the KHL where they play a lot less games than the NHL, so there definitely was an adjustment.

By way of comparison, the KHL only has 60 regular season games. The playoffs begin in February and end in April.

Radulov should be better equipped to maintain a high energy pace this season.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
In reality, there is no such thing as a sure thing draft pick or UFA. Many had questions, i.e., did one year represent the true Rad, given his early history, etc. Ditto on Bishop. Was his decline last year a long term trend or a one off seasons?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It does not actually
Last season, he would go 10 games dominating and producing a ton of points, then he would go 10 games invisible and not producing, then another 10 games producing a lot, then another 10 games invisible, etc.
People who fail to investigate come up with such nonsense. Last year he was going through a tough divorce. That affected him a lot on the ice too. And he still was looking better than most NHLers would.

This time around he looks way more focused.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He should be able to maintain the pace for most of the season.

Last year is a poor comparable as he had just come back from the KHL where they play a lot less games than the NHL, so there definitely was an adjustment.

By way of comparison, the KHL only has 60 regular season games. The playoffs begin in February and end in April.

Radulov should be better equipped to maintain a high energy pace this season.
Not taking personal life into account doesn't help either.

Dallas is going to get the most out of Radulov for the length of the contract probably with a lot of potential going forward still. People then will tell they are surprised or whatever.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How big expectations people had or where is this Radulov bashing coming from?

Last year 0.71p/gp
This year 0.70p/gp

4th best scorer in the team

As comparison Spezza 4pts - 7.5mil and Hanzal 1pts - 4.75mil

Radulov with 7pts and 6.25mil caphit is doing well. Stop whining.
By the end of the season all whiners will be invited to a great crow dinner.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Hand fan here. Quick question, as a Rads lover.
The shootout he had the other night when he fell and got back up, do you guys think it was on purpose to try and confuse the goalie? If it was, good on him. It worked out well aha.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Hand fan here. Quick question, as a Rads lover.
The shootout he had the other night when he fell and got back up, do you guys think it was on purpose to try and confuse the goalie? If it was, good on him. It worked out well aha.

I re-watched it several times to try and figure out the specifics of how he fell, and it really does look like he did it on purpose. There was no obvious loss of balance, and his skates didn't move in an odd way other than to pull back so he could drop to his knees. Ludwig ( the Dallas color guy) mentioned he's seen Radulov do that move several times in morning skates, which at first I thought was dry sarcasm, but now I'm pretty sure he was being serious.

Reactions: Pietrangelo

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
54 games, 51 points

Remember there was a thread/poll on the main board in the summer: ''Who is better, Radu or Kadri?'' I can't find it though but it was there and it was pretty much 50/50 at the time. Well, some of us knew better than those Leafs fans.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man...I can guarantee you the Stars fans who weren't happy with him earlier in this thread have definitely changed their mind. Has been our best forward this season easily. 100% all the time and he is just so much fun to watch and makes everyone around him better

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Man...I can guarantee you the Stars fans who weren't happy with him earlier in this thread have definitely changed their mind. Has been our best forward this season easily. 100% all the time and he is just so much fun to watch and makes everyone around him better

So real.

It takes time to carve a niche in a new environment. Radulov's been terrific.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Watching Radulov game after game has told me a lot about the Habs. How can a guy be this awesome at dishing out scoring chances and only have 50 points unless he found himself playing with a bunch of stone-handed plugs.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Watching Radulov game after game has told me a lot about the Habs. How can a guy be this awesome at dishing out scoring chances and only have 50 points unless he found himself playing with a bunch of stone-handed plugs.

Habs fan here. Your assessment is correct, we have the worst forward group in the entire NHL which is why his point total was so low. Just to give you an idea how bad we are, his center was Philip Danault lolll.

Anyways, Radulov was easily our best forward last year and our GM let him walk. I'm happy that he's doing well for you guys and I hope he scores 5 on us tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->