Radulov

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Just curious to know how Radulov has been playing? On paper it looked like he would be getting tones of points on that 1st line but it has not happened yet.

Are you guys happy about him or a bit disappointed? We sure miss him in montreal...

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Looks great, seems like he is a bit pass happy, perhaps too deferential to Benn and Seguin. Hopefully, as the season goes on (and in the not too distance future) he will start looking to shoot more.

But, overall, no disappointment at all. I figured he would be a set up type winger from his stat line last year in MTL. You guys got Hemsky back, who is a similar forward, not as gritty, and now injured if I read the web right. But, Rad is much better in nearly every area.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Hemsky is really nowhere near Radulov. He is actually a disappointment and given that there was little expectations, he really had to play bad to be a disappointment. Radulov's energy is contagious. For me loosing him was the last straw with our GM. He deserves to be canned

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
He's done a great job imo. He's great along the boards. Plays hard. Does get pass happy, but the line is starting to look better every game now. The points will come for Rads

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Unimpressed so far. He hasn't been bad, but he's not living up to my expectations. I do think he will get better as the season goes on though.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Unimpressed so far. He hasn't been bad, but he's not living up to my expectations. I do think he will get better as the season goes on though.

Disagree.

He had been rather unfortunate in terms of stats, but I think he might be the Stars’ best forward so far. He creates a lot out of nothing and works his ass off. Points will come.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Disagree.

He had been rather unfortunate in terms of stats, but I think he might be the Stars’ best forward so far. He creates a lot out of nothing and works his ass off. Points will come.
More points will come as he builds chemistry with Benn and Seguin. They’ve never played with a winger of his skill level who tries some very creative passes in small spaces. Look at Benn’s goal the other night when he crossed behind Radulov and took a great shot from Radulov’s pass. I don’t think that works as well game one, but now they are keeping an eye out for those kinds of passes or Radulov’s passes when he’s battling along the wall.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

100% disagree. Rads has been incredible. He gives 110% every shift even if he has been out for a whole minute. Dude never gives up and while he seems to be allergic to shooting at times he should find his groove pretty soon. So far he looks like the kind of guy that can make any line better and I am loving the signing. With all that said I dont think he needs to be on the Benn-Seguin line and I kind of want Hitch to try him out on Spezza's wing for a little bit

Reactions: Kcb12345

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
His effort is the only thing he's brought. No great passes, no finish, defers to Benn and Seguin way too much instead of shooting the puck. Don't get me wrong, he's not playing bad, he's just not playing as good as I think he can.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
We're into this guy for a hefty chunk of change for the next 5 yrs, it would be great to see more production. The comments about his effort are great, but you'd think he's gonna burn out before long if he doesn't get rewarded soon.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I have watched 3 of the Stars games and in each one Radulov could have had a couple of points easily if not for a deflection just going wide or for a great play and pass end up in a failed conversion by his teammate, he could easily be at PPG right now. Noteworthy that last game he got taken off the Benn line for the 2nd half of the game. Not sure if this will continue next game. We'll find out soon.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
His compete level is off the charts, and it lasts 82 games

It does not actually
Last season, he would go 10 games dominating and producing a ton of points, then he would go 10 games invisible and not producing, then another 10 games producing a lot, then another 10 games invisible, etc.

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities

His effort is the only thing he's brought. No great passes, no finish, defers to Benn and Seguin way too much instead of shooting the puck. Don't get me wrong, he's not playing bad, he's just not playing as good as I think he can.
Aww, Sorry to hear that your fantasy team isn't doing so well

Radulov has been really, really good IMO. Just a pleasure to watch.

VicVinegar

Realtor/Bodyguard
Sep 28, 2017
Aww, Sorry to hear that your fantasy team isn't doing so well

Radulov has been really, really good IMO. Just a pleasure to watch.
Huh, didn't know I had a fantasy team. Good to know.

Also good to know that I can't criticize Radulov without a snide comment.

Anything else I should be aware of?

His pass on Benn's goal tonight was good. And as for his goal, I didn't think he could shoot that well. It's good to see.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Good to see him rewarded with a few points tonight. He looks full value. Now just to start a thread about Spezza where we can all pile on to see if we can get him going.

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
How big expectations people had or where is this Radulov bashing coming from?

Last year 0.71p/gp
This year 0.70p/gp

4th best scorer in the team

As comparison Spezza 4pts - 7.5mil and Hanzal 1pts - 4.75mil

Radulov with 7pts and 6.25mil caphit is doing well. Stop whining.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I don't think anyone is whining but I think we expected more than 1 empty net goal and a few assists while riding shotgun on the only producing line through 9 games. Game 10 happened to be his break out game and hopefully we see more of this from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad