Radulov Vs. O'sullivan

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
O'Sullivan.

played for his national team six times and has three gold medals to show for it. [u-17, u-18, u-20].
lead his OHL team, the Icedogs in all offensive categories for four years in a row.
winner of the OHL Rookie of the year award.
winner of the CHL Rookie of the year award.
winner of the AHL Rookie of the year award.

Personally, I'm getting rather irritable about the general lack of respect for O'Sullivan's skills. He's not just a "goal scorer". He's got excellent ice vision and is just as good of a playmaker as he is a sniper. He may not be the biggest guy out there or the most physical player, that's true. But he can hold his own when it counts. And, his defensive play - although it may need some tweaking - isn't nearly as questionable as so many people [particularly those people who have only seen him play a handful of times], seem to want to believe.

I'm putting my money on Patty O to be one hell of a player. One hell of a goal scorer. And one hell of a teammate.

as for Radulov, which one? although, my answer would be the same for both.

GSK*

I've seen more game of Radulov then O'Sullivan, but Patrik impress me a lot, and would be good..

But imo, Radulov is better then O'Sullivan.

Alex made 61 goals, 91 assists, 152 points in 62 games.

O'Sullivan is may be better this year, because he got AHL experience, his first year in AHL with 47 goals and 93 points, but he was on a team who guys got a lot of experience and help him a lot for his points,

Its not even complicate, Radulov this year in LHJMQ remember me Sidney Crosby. Alex will be a great leader, after the lost against Moncton in Final of the LHJMQ, Quebec was getting the "lucky" chance to get a spot in the Memorial Cup because Moncton was already host of the tournament. Alex was incredible playoffs with 55 points in 23 games, and they reach the Final of the Memorial Cup, to beat up Moncton this time..

Radulov > O'Sullivan

I think if he play with Nashville this year, if he's centering by Legwand or Arnott or Sullivan he can do great stuff. Official !

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Radulov ... he knows how to WIN ... Memorial Cup, anybody

Says a Predators fan. I would say that a great majority of the posters here would rank O'Sullivan higher. He has explosive speed and a lethal shot and has overcome many obstacles at his young age. He was fourth overall in scoring and third overall in goals in the AHL in his rookie year.

Look what he did in his last year in juniors with Mississauga. He scored 90 points in 57 games. The second leading scorer on the Ice Dogs had 50 points.

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
I would take Radulov personally, but I think it's very close. Radulov has a bit of a strength advantage and is a beast on the puck. I also think he's got unbelievable vision of the ice.

My money is on O'sullivan to be the better goalscorer, but I think Radulov will have more points, but not by a large margin.

Both should easily be PPG players, that is how highly I think of them.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
I've seen more game of Radulov then O'Sullivan, but Patrik impress me a lot, and would be good..

But imo, Radulov is better then O'Sullivan.

Alex made 61 goals, 91 assists, 152 points in 62 games.

O'Sullivan is may be better this year, because he got AHL experience, his first year in AHL with 47 goals and 93 points, but he was on a team who guys got a lot of experience and help him a lot for his points...

You got that wrong, dude.

His points came from him playing with every player on the roster, [and I mean that literally].

likeavoss

Jan 15, 2006
Sherwood Park
Maybe Radulov forces me to change my mind when he turns pro next year, but for right now, I've got to go with O'Sullivan. He just keeps getting better and better and continues to prove everyone wrong. Love this kid.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Right now, I would pick O'sullivan over Radulov because O'sullivan was dominant in the AHL last year, versus men, and Radulov was dominant last year versus boys. Sulli has been great in the CHL, AHL and is looking to do the same in the NHL. As for Radulov, I think he'll find it a bit hard to adapt right away to the speed and hard contact that the NHL has, compared to the Q... But in the long run, I think they'll both have a promising future.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Radulov has the potential to be better than O'Sullivan, but he also has the potential to be a bust. Until Radulov dominates in the AHL, he's a riskier choice. O'Sullivan is the safer choice because it's almost a sure thing that he'll be at least a good NHL player. Radulov should be, as well, but he'll have to perform at at least the AHL level before that question mark gets erased. Despite almost-Crosby-like numbers, he's no Crosby. I'm really high on both players, but O'Sullivan is a safer choice and who I'd have to go with for now.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Radulov likely isn't going to see any time in the AHL, this year.

While it's understandable that some want to "wait and see," what Preds fans who attended camp\preseason games last season was that this is likely the best player the Preds have ever, ever drafted. While he wasn't competing against complete NHL rosters, he had one goal in particular in which he made Adam Foote look foolish...and I think it was moments like that which has us so excited...and that's before he even had that ridiculous season in the Q last year.

I love O'Sullivan, and I think he's going to be a star...but I don't think there's any reason to be skeptical of what Radulov can do...and I think a lot of it is unfair, and only placed on him because a) his brother stunk b) he's Russian.

But..we'll see.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
Personally, I'm getting rather irritable about the general lack of respect for O'Sullivan's skills. He's not just a "goal scorer". He's got excellent ice vision and is just as good of a playmaker as he is a sniper. He may not be the biggest guy out there or the most physical player, that's true. But he can hold his own when it counts. And, his defensive play - although it may need some tweaking - isn't nearly as questionable as so many people [particularly those people who have only seen him play a handful of times], seem to want to believe.

I second that motion.

He put up with a lot of crap from his father and Mississauga management but still managed to be an incredible OHL player. Most people have the assumption that because he is such an offensive force that he must be a defensive liability and while it was the case in his rookie season in the O, it wasn't by the last. Since he was traded from Minnesota, I don't know if he'll develop into a defensively reliable forward but he won't hurt that's for sure. I've been on this kids train for years and I really don't think anything will hold him back.

Will Radulov score more goals? Probably, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that Sully becomes the better player.

Reload

Jun 20, 2003
Visit site
Definitely Patrick O'Sullivan. What he did in the AHL last year was impressive. I think he'll make Minne regret trading him for years to come.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Haven't seen enough of Radulov to say who will be better, but I have seen enough of O'Sullivan to know that he will be a top-flight NHLer within a couple of years. The kid's a freakin' stud.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I see both players as fairly even skillwise. I'll give the edge to O'Sullivan based on his play in the AHL last year, tempered with the idea that Radulov could equal that success when he gets the chance as a professional.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
right now O'Sullivan , in 3 years Radulov by far , hes gonna be a better gamebreaker than O'Sullivan

The Big E

Oct 5, 2005
Minneapolis
Another factor that nobody has thrown out there, yet. O'Sullivan won the rookie of the month award for two straight months. Nobody has ever done that.

Definitely Patrick O'Sullivan. What he did in the AHL last year was impressive. I think he'll make Minne regret trading him for years to come.
We're done weeping over Patty. Trading him was worth keeping Gaborik and adding his buddy Demitra. We've actually got hope of doing quite well this season. And yes, Patty will be awesome in the NHL in a couple of years.

The Big E

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
I just want to add to what The Big E said. What O'Sullivan did in the AHL last year was amazing because he is only the second rookie in the past 15 years to record 40 goals in the AHL and I believe O'Sullivan started out his AHL season very slow due to some type of injury. I doubt Radulov will be able to match that. He might not even get the chance to because he will probably be playing in the NHL but even if he did play the whole season in the AHL next season I seriously doubt he would be able to match O'Sullivan's numbers.

http://www.wild.com/player/?file_300=http%3A%2F%2Fboss%2Estreamos%2Ecom%2Fwmedia%2Fwild%2Fwmedia%2Fep3%2D12%2Ewvx

Regular Season
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM
2005-06 Houston Aeros AHL 78 47 46 93 64

Playoffs
GP G A Pts PIM
8 5 5 10 4

And you can't say that his numbers were higher because he was playing with good linemates because just look at his linemates numbers with O'Sullivan and without O'Sullivan -
04-05 (With out O'Sullivan)
Law GP80 G25 A24 PTS49
Westrum GP80 G18 A15 PTS33

05-06 (With O'Sullivan)
Law GP80 G43 A67 PTS110
Westrum GP71 G34 A64 PTS98

Amazing increases in production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad