Radulov v Wolski

bigjags*

I'm calling all the hockey buffs out there!!

Radulov v Wolski - Which player do you think will be the better player in the NHL? Which player has more offensive upside? In their prime what kind of points can we expect from these kids?

Thanks, guys and gals!

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
I would take Radulov, just personal preference I guess. I've seen a lot of Wolski, and haven't been as impressed with him as I have been when I've seen Radulov, albeit I haven't seen much of Alexander. IMO Wolski should be a good 2nd to 1st line winger in the NHL, while Radulov has the potential to be a star.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Wolski was actually the guy I was hoping the Panthers would get if we didn't pick up Olesz that year. I was surprised he dropped to the Avs. Good pickup by them.

However, I had no idea Radulov would be such a scoring machine the way he has become.

With that being said, I'll take Radulov, just because he seems like he'll be such a scoring force when he breaks into the league.

Food for thought... In his 2nd year in the Q, Crosby got 162 points in 62 games. In Radulov's 2nd year in the Q, he got 152 points in 62 games.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Food for thought... In his 2nd year in the Q, Crosby got 162 points in 62 games. In Radulov's 2nd year in the Q, he got 152 points in 62 games.

In his second year Crosby was 17, Radulov was 19

Radulov might have put up alot of point in junior but i think Woliski will be a better player in the NHL, Radulov will probably put up a decent amount of point(60ish) but Woliski has more intangibles beyond scoring to make me pick him.

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
In his second year Crosby was 17, Radulov was 19

Radulov might have put up alot of point in junior but i think Woliski will be a better player in the NHL, Radulov will probably put up a decent amount of point(60ish) but Woliski has more intangibles beyond scoring to make me pick him.

Just curious, but what intangibles does Wolski have that Radulov doesn't have?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Just curious, but what intangibles does Wolski have that Radulov doesn't have?

From a few Colorado games i seen him play he seems to be the kind of guy who can score or fight for the puck in the corners. He has already proved he can score at the NHL level which gives me a higher opinion of him.

Radulov i will admit i haven't seen but from the sounds of it, he will be more a finesse forward.

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
From a few Colorado games i seen him play he seems to be the kind of guy who can score or fight for the puck in the corners. He has already proved he can score at the NHL level which gives me a higher opinion of him.

Radulov i will admit i haven't seen but from the sounds of it, he will be more a finesse forward.

I actually think they're similar and have a very similar style, with Radulov perhaps being the better scorer. I guess we'll see this year though, both should have great rookie campaigns.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Radulov is one of the most overrated prospects on these boards. He had a great season but it was in the Q, I want to see him prove it at a higher level before I start declaring him a future NHL star. I'd give this one to Wolski.

Transported Upstater

Radulov is one of the most overrated prospects on these boards. He had a great season but it was in the Q, I want to see him prove it at a higher level before I start declaring him a future NHL star. I'd give this one to Wolski.

I agree somewhat. I think Radulov is overrated, but not horribly.

I give this comparison to Wolski, but I'm a big Wolski fan, so take my opinion for what it's worth...

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Wolski without a doubt.

just for the record, 19 year olds who light it up in the qmjhl who fail to make an impact at the nhl level, are a dime a dozen.

Bam Beet*

I like Wolski's size and reach. I'm also an Avs fan though. ;)

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
Wolski without a doubt.

just for the record, 19 year olds who light it up in the qmjhl who fail to make an impact at the nhl level, are a dime a dozen.

Really? Same with the OHL...Corey Locke and Matt Foy ring a bell?

Discounting Radulov's talents just because he *absolutely destroyed* the Q is ridiculous. Wolski has played what? A handful of games in the NHL, with one very good playoff game. I would hardly call him that much more proven than Radulov. For my money Radulov is and will be the better player. I don't believe Wolski has top end skills which will translate to the NHL. I see him as more of a 2nd line, borderline 1st line winger.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Really? Same with the OHL...Corey Locke and Matt Foy ring a bell?

Discounting Radulov's talents just because he *absolutely destroyed* the Q is ridiculous. Wolski has played what? A handful of games in the NHL, with one very good playoff game. I would hardly call him that much more proven than Radulov. For my money Radulov is and will be the better player. I don't believe Wolski has top end skills which will translate to the NHL. I see him as more of a 2nd line, borderline 1st line winger.

A lot of it is the traditional "Oh, a Russian? He's soft and lazy."

It shows how little people know about Radulov, who has one of the best work ethics of any prospect I've ever personally encountered. Patrick Roy raved about it...always working on what he needed to improve, first on the ice, last off...the whole bit. Radulov has shown a laser-focus on getting to the NHL and doing it quickly. And he's not "soft" by any means, either. He's not a vicious hitter, but he'll play the body and is great in the corners as well. He was one of the last cuts in training camp in Nashville last year, and Poile\Trotz basically admitted that he was good enough to have made the team last year, but short of trading Erat or Hartnell, there wasn't anywhere to put him, so they made the easy decision and sent him back to junior.

Nashville wants a physical d-man, and I have a feeling that one of their top six wingers...be it Erat or Hartnell...may be on the way out to not only bring one back, but to open up a spot for Alex, as well.

Bam Beet*

Why do people always want to compare Wolski and Radulov. A thread on these two pop up every couple of weeks. Its always Wolski vs. Radulov or Wolski vs. Schremp
Maybe because they were drafted close together??

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Why do people always want to compare Wolski and Radulov. A thread on these two pop up every couple of weeks. Its always Wolski vs. Radulov or Wolski vs. Schremp
Maybe because they were drafted close together??

They're both high scoring wingers with great skating skills, similar lanky builds and ''attitude'' problems (total bs).

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
A lot of it is the traditional "Oh, a Russian? He's soft and lazy."

It shows how little people know about Radulov, who has one of the best work ethics of any prospect I've ever personally encountered. Patrick Roy raved about it...always working on what he needed to improve, first on the ice, last off...the whole bit. Radulov has shown a laser-focus on getting to the NHL and doing it quickly. And he's not "soft" by any means, either. He's not a vicious hitter, but he'll play the body and is great in the corners as well. He was one of the last cuts in training camp in Nashville last year, and Poile\Trotz basically admitted that he was good enough to have made the team last year, but short of trading Erat or Hartnell, there wasn't anywhere to put him, so they made the easy decision and sent him back to junior.

Nashville wants a physical d-man, and I have a feeling that one of their top six wingers...be it Erat or Hartnell...may be on the way out to not only bring one back, but to open up a spot for Alex, as well.

That's nice, my decision had nothing to do with Radulov being soft or lazy. I don't think he is soft or lazy, I just think Wolski is, and will be the better player.

avs_19*

They are both good players but we havent seen anything from them at the pro level yet, well we havent seen radulov at all. Therefore, its hard to say how they will be and how their stats will be but like someone else mentioned Wolski has a better reach and hes a bit bigger, Plus I'm an Avs fan so I have to go with Wolski.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Which part of that was funny? That the OHL is more talented than the QMJHL or the fact that 17 is more than 0?

I'm not sure which part is more hilarious, actually.

1. The OHL is more talented than the Q...how? In case you didn't notice, the Remparts, driven by Radulov, won the Memorial Cup this year. People point at Radulov's point totals and reduce it to, "Oh, that's because it's Q," ignoring the simple fact that the GPG average in the OHL this year was just a few points below the Q.

2. So, by your logic, Kevin Klein, who has played 4 NHL games, is a better prospect than Erik Johnson, who has yet to play one? NICE! Perhaps I'll start a thread about that!

And...Radulov would have some NHL games under his belt as well...had he not powered his team to the top of the CHL. It's not his fault his team wasn't out early the way Wolski's was.

You have a right to your opinion, Buff, but you're backing it up in a very weak fashion. "He hasn't played in the NHL and he scored his points in the Q" doesn't cut it.

Ignore also the point streak he put up this year that was second only to Mario Lemieux, ALL TIME, surpassing Pat LaFontaine in the process.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
I'm not sure which part is more hilarious, actually.

1. The OHL is more talented than the Q...how? In case you didn't notice, the Remparts, driven by Radulov, won the Memorial Cup this year. People point at Radulov's point totals and reduce it to, "Oh, that's because it's Q," ignoring the simple fact that the GPG average in the OHL this year was just a few points below the Q.

2. So, by your logic, Kevin Klein, who has played 4 NHL games, is a better prospect than Erik Johnson, who has yet to play one? NICE! Perhaps I'll start a thread about that!

And...Radulov would have some NHL games under his belt as well...had he not powered his team to the top of the CHL. It's not his fault his team wasn't out early the way Wolski's was.

You have a right to your opinion, Buff, but you're backing it up in a very weak fashion. "He hasn't played in the NHL and he scored his points in the Q" doesn't cut it.

Ignore also the point streak he put up this year that was second only to Mario Lemieux, ALL TIME, surpassing Pat LaFontaine in the process.

1) What the hell does GPG have to do with the talent level? Answer: Absolutely nothing, so that stat holds absolutely no merit. The fact is, the OHL is higher caliber (not much higher, but definitly higher) hockey than the QMJHL.

2) I said that Radulov has not proven anything at all above the Q. Wolski has done it in the OHL and has shown that he could atleast contribute over the games he did play in the NHL. That's not to say that Radulov wouldn't have, and nowhere did I say it was Radulov's fault (I'm not even sure why you brought that up). Who the hell is Kevin Klein? 4 games - 0 points? That not proving ****, I said he's proven himself in more games, nowhere did I say that he's better just because he's played in more games.

So stop putting words in my mouth and come up with something on your own.

bigjags*

Thanks for the replies boys. If you have more keep them coming. I wanted to ask some hockey gurus because I have a shot at geetting either player in my dynasty hockey pool.

www.sniperscup.com check out!

Nomorekids, I have to agree, with you. I've read a 1000s times on here that if you haven't played an NHL game yo're worthless. It usually involes guys trashing Malkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->