Radulov...Tukonen...Ladd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Barnaby said:
Biggest steal of the century? Give me a break. Not a Kings fan are you?

He's a good player, and will make a nice addition to the top 6 of any team, but he's no star. I honestly see Ladd, Thelen, and Montoya making a bigger impact on the NHL level, but hey thats me.

He is a solid 2-way player who will score, and play solid defense, but I doubt the becomes a go-to-guy for any team.

No...actually I'm the Sharks moderator. Put that on your toast and eat it. While you're at it read my entire post and notice I say he will never be the number one scorer on his team but he'll definitely be top 3. And I'm still waiting for 6 or 9 other players youd take over Tukonen...if you want Montoya or Thelen over him thats your problem.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
X-SHARKIE said:
I think Anthony Stewart at 25? Was mabey the biggest steal of the century and Zach Parise at 16 is also a really big steal.
17 ;) Mike Richards could also end up being a big steal. Maybe even Dawes......2003 will have alot of steals when looking back 10 years from now.

X-SHARKIE

JasonMacIsaac said:
17 ;) Mike Richards could also end up being a big steal. Maybe even Dawes......2003 will have alot of steals when looking back 10 years from now.

Good call, I only seen him one game of his this year in the OHL, He was extremely impressive and really dominated the game. It was vs London, it was a great game.

I have to agree Jason, him at 17 was a great pick up, I was most impressed with his play at the WJC's.

Also Jeff Carter, at the time looked like a solid pick up at 11th I believe, but now it's begining to also look like a steal. He looks like a top 5 player.

Overall 2003 was a blessing of a draft....I'm still not to happy with the Sharks taking Bernier, I think he well be a player, but with Stewart and others there, I really hope he pans out :)

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
You are bound to here a ton of steals regarding the 2003 draft, as you do with deep drafts. Fleury, Staal, Zherdev...All seem to be on their way, but the later 1st rounders can also prove to be scary. Anthony Stewart has HUGE potential and will be given opportunity in Florida. Sometimes it's not about where a prospect is drafted, but by which team. Some teams just make a better fit for what that players strengths are, and some coaching philosophies may stifle a prospect. Either way thise threads are a lot of fun, because we can play fortune teller and take their abilities and project where they will be.

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Puckhead said:
You are bound to here a ton of steals regarding the 2003 draft, as you do with deep drafts. Fleury, Staal, Zherdev...All seem to be on their way, but the later 1st rounders can also prove to be scary. Anthony Stewart has HUGE potential and will be given opportunity in Florida. Sometimes it's not about where a prospect is drafted, but by which team. Some teams just make a better fit for what that players strengths are, and some coaching philosophies may stifle a prospect. Either way thise threads are a lot of fun, because we can play fortune teller and take their abilities and project where they will be.

Yep just like Marek Schwartz over Montoya

Schwartz will have IMHO a beter opportunity to shine than Alvaro Montoya with both Lundquist and Blackburn in front of him...not to mention Dunham and Weekes as actual goaltender :d :amazed:

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
monarchy said:
As a Kings fan, looking at this comparison of the 2003 and 2004 drafts, I'll ask the crowd this ....

Which was a better pick (read: more of a steal or will have more of an impact ... however you want to analyze this) ...

Dustin Brown at #13 in 2003
or
Lauri Tukonen at #11 in 2004

Both went quite a few picks lower than projected and don't seem to be rated as highly after the fact. Is there a steal there, a lucky pick, or GMs seeing into the future?

Yep I think L-A as a great sets of scouts they made great steals in the first round but what even more impressive is how they managed other great steals like Pushkarov in second last year and Bair in third this year

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
db23 said:
Ladd - Curtis Brown
Tukonen - Jere Lehtinen
Radulov - Igor Radulov
To me it looks more like

Ladd - Taylor Pyatt
Tukonen - Glen Murray
Radulov - Maxime Afinogenov

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
db23 said:
Tukonen - Jere Lehtinen
:dunno:

Jere was an established two-way player already in jrs. Tukonen isn't known for playing great defense, just not being a defensive lyiability is as far as his defensive play goes.

I'd see Tukonen more as a handy offensive threat who can both make the big play or drive very hard to the net, using his size to shield the puck and to get through the defense. Think Dazé or maybe Hossa.

T2M

Jan 28, 2004
I think Tukonen looks like a great complement to Alexander Frolov, now all the Kings need is a creative, offensive center to put between the two. Cammellerri seems like the best option, and with the two big, strong wingers, it'll offset his size problems. And with the lockout this year, we get to see Tukonen develop. See, win win for a young organization.

Chartrand

Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
T2M said:
I think Tukonen looks like a great complement to Alexander Frolov, now all the Kings need is a creative, offensive center to put between the two. Cammellerri seems like the best option, and with the two big, strong wingers, it'll offset his size problems. And with the lockout this year, we get to see Tukonen develop. See, win win for a young organization.

Hopefully Boyle or maybe even Brady Murray ( both longshots though ) could potentially anchor those two.

Squid is always an option. He needs to be on a scoring line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad