Radulov not slowing down...

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
"Junior sensation Alexander Radulov may force the Predators to start him in Nashville next season instead of Milwaukee. The former first round pick had an outstanding season in the Quebec League and has not slowed down at all in the playoffs. Radulov was the league's leading postseason scorer, having totaled 46 points (17 goals, 29 assists) in just 18 games :eek: after a regular season of 153 points(61 goals, 91 assists). He must start on one of the scoring lines if he makes Nashville. He would definitely look nice playing with Paul Kariya."

I agree with the last sentence. Would love to see those 2 playing together.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
He's the best european player that has ever played in the QHJML and he is a god in Quebec right now.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Chfan said:
He's the best european player that has ever played in the QHJML and he is a god in Quebec right now.

I don't know about that.... there were some good one's. He's up there with Nagy, Hemsky and a few more... it's hard to say THE best.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
insider said:
VRBATA was the other I was specifically looking for lol, thanks :D

yes i love the edition of 2000-2001 , but shawinighan is like ottawa , we never win the cup :biglaugh:

the line Vrbata-Forget-Pominville :yo: what a team
Bergeron,michalek of phoenix in defence

insider

Nov 14, 2003
gars59 said:
yes i love the edition of 2000-2001 , but shawinighan is like ottawa , we never win the cup :biglaugh:

the line Vrbata-Forget-Pominville :yo: what a team
Bergeron,michalek of phoenix in defence

lol I remember, I remember. Was't that the year Gamache was killing in Val D'Or?

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
insider said:
lol I remember, I remember. Was't that the year Gamache was killing in Val D'Or?

yes val dor go to the memorial cup :(

gamache put in playoff 22-35-57 in 21 game and in season 74-110 184

the line was Reid-Gamache-Veilleux
Lyness was the second best defenseman after m-a bergeron in the league !

val d'or and shawinighan in 2000-2001 had the best team !

other super star player this year : thinel,lehoux,vermette

insider

Nov 14, 2003
gars59 said:
yes val dor go to the memorial cup :(

gamache put in playoff 22-35-57 in 21 game and in season 74-110 184

the line was Reid-Gamache-Veilleux
Lyness was the second best defenseman after m-a bergeron in the league !

val d'or and shawinighan in 2000-2001 had the best team !

other super star player this year : thinel,lehoux,vermette

hehe and we got to the final anyway ;)

RUSSO! RUSSO!

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
and he didn't even win the playoff mvp :eek: . it goes to karsums of moncton. boston needs to sign this guy BTW.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Chootoi said:
and he didn't even win the playoff mvp :eek: . it goes to karsums of moncton. boston needs to sign this guy BTW.

Yeah, I'm a little suprised. Radulov had 55 points to Karsums 26 and had almost as many points in rounds 3 and 4 as Karsums did the entire playoffs. And while Radulov's team didn't win, Karsums has a much better team around him. Without Radulov, Quebec struggles to make it to the 3rd round. Without Karsums, Moncton still makes a run at the Q title.

BruinAddict

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2005
Toronto
SmokeyClause said:
Yeah, I'm a little suprised. Radulov had 55 points to Karsums 26 and had almost as many points in rounds 3 and 4 as Karsums did the entire playoffs. And while Radulov's team didn't win, Karsums has a much better team around him. Without Radulov, Quebec struggles to make it to the 3rd round. Without Karsums, Moncton still makes a run at the Q title.
Karsums had 7 GWG including a couple of OT markers. This kid is clutch and points alone don't make you valuable.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Wally112pac said:
True but how do you deny 55 to 26?

I guess when 7 of those 26 win you the game. I believe 1 of those 7 ended up being the game winner. You know...7 to the power of 2 -or something.

Look, I am a happy Bruins fan -don't expect much more of a rationale than YIIIPPPEEEEE!!!

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
BruinAddict said:
Karsums had 7 GWG including a couple of OT markers. This kid is clutch and points alone don't make you valuable.

Alone, they do not, but anyone who was able to watch this series knew that there was one player who stood out above all else and that was Radulov. He seemed like the catalyst for every single scoring chance for Quebec the entire series. Karsums looked to me to be the best player on the best team. In most years, that'll be enough to get you the MVP. This year, I thought it wasn't. I guess I was wrong.

I'm not that upset about it as it doesn't do anything to Radulov's worth to the Preds by winning though I would have liked him to have better numbers in the final two games. I thought he was going to break the Q record for points in the playoffs. I guess he'll have to settle for 2nd on several fronts.

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
insider said:
there should be an asterisk ;) new rules.

I'm not knocking him, he's awesome.

what new rules? The Q didn't have the "new rules" the NHl did this year, and the refs were calling the games exactly as they were calling them before.

You can easily see the difference right now in Q games and NHL games.. there's LOTS more hooking and holding in the Q.

The shootout was implemented though, but these goals don't count in the player's stats.

IMO, he should have won as MVP, not to take away anything Karsums did though.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Leph28 said:
what new rules? The Q didn't have the "new rules" the NHl did this year, and the refs were calling the games exactly as they were calling them before.

You can easily see the difference right now in Q games and NHL games.. there's LOTS more hooking and holding in the Q.

The shootout was implemented though, but these goals don't count in the player's stats.

IMO, he should have won as MVP, not to take away anything Karsums did though.

Agreed, saying that the new rules made a positive difference for Radulov is not backed up by that data even if there were new rule changes. Quebec, the top scoring team in the Q, had 349 goals for this year. The top scoring team during Vrbata's great run was his own Shawnigan team. They had 375. The average team during 01-02 scored 277 goals. The average Q team this year scored almost 20 goals less.

Vrbata wasn't even the leading scorer on his own team. He had 21 less points than the leader. Radulov outscored his second closest teammate by 54 points. And has almost double the points of anyone else on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->