Radulov gets 7 pts(6g,1a) in a 11-2 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Chootoi said:
quebec is a real weird team. they'll win 8-1 one night and lose 9-1 the next night, etc... patrick's gotta work on that consistency :)

yes that's the problem with them , its really weird . I guess if the top line dont produce then the team wont win .. wich was the team problem for many years . Hennessey/Shiskanov were alone too as well as Chouinard/Gagne ect ... but its always good hockey with some players fans love to see .

Did you heard about goalie Maxim Joyal ? In a practice he didnt work well enough for Roy so he told him to go back in the dressing room . When the team came back he had packed his stuff and left the building .

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
RDriesen16 said:
no offense to q fans, but ive gotten to see my first q games this year thanks to moncton having games online. and there is ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! defense played. it amazed me. you always hear about it, but i thought it wouldnt be as bad as advertised. boy was i wrong

The OHL is out scoring the Q by a wide margin. 14-6...enough said.

All 3 leagues are different. All 3 leagues are fun to watch in their own ways. Everyone has a preference.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
nomorekids said:
I think Radulov and the Preds would rather he be in the AHL, but rules are rules. Next year though...if he doesn't make the Preds outright. Patrick Roy(remparts coach) seems to think it's a sure thing he'll go straight to the NHL.

Radulov can play in the AHL. He was drafted out of Russia and then came to the CHL.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
And what are the rules that are preventing him of playing in the AHL? And what is Voloshenko's situation, why is he allowed to play there? :help:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
LaLaLaprise said:
No hes not.

He was drafted out of Russia.

Hm, I don't know why...but I don't think he'd be wrong about this...Trotz said, after camp,

"Alex is in a funny situation where he's probably too good for juniors but not old enough for the AHL, so we hope he can make the best of his situation back in Quebec..." or something along those lines...

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
nomorekids said:
Hm, I don't know why...but I don't think he'd be wrong about this...Trotz said, after camp,

"Alex is in a funny situation where he's probably too good for juniors but not old enough for the AHL, so we hope he can make the best of his situation back in Quebec..." or something along those lines...

Trotz is obviously misinformed.

Radulov was drafted out of a euro league, therefore he can play in the AHL at any age. His linemate back in Russia Roman Voloshenko is playing in the AHL, they were drafted from the same league and are the same age.

GoSSCHgo

Apr 3, 2005
Shorthanded hat trick

Corey Pecker for Erie about three-four years ago, and the idiots at TSN gave the first star to his teammate who had 2G 2A. :D :D

Last edited:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
TORRUS said:
And what are the rules that are preventing him of playing in the AHL? And what is Voloshenko's situation, why is he allowed to play there? :help:

The rule states that you have to be 20 by the end of the year to play in the AHL, if you were drafted out of the CHL. SO this year the youngest player in the AHL who was drafted from the CHL has a bday of DEC 31, 1985. Which means they would turn 20 on new years eve. Therefore all 1986 birth year players who were picked from the CHL cant play in the AHL this year.

Voloshenko and Radulov are both 1986 birth year players, BUT both were drafted out of Russia. Radulov did play in the CHL at 18 but on draft day he was picked from Russia. Say for example Radulov came to the CHL 1 year earlier at 17. And was drafted out of the CHL, than no he would not be able to play in the AHL.

I hope that cleared it up, hopefully i didnt make it more confusing lol

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Radu is very well in Québec. He have some discipline problems and he needed an organisation that know him and will help him on those issues.

Québec ask a lot of the players and force them to be active during the days; it's either school or particular classes. Also he have a lot of pressure and it will give him usefull experience. He'll also see more ice than in the AHL.

Claypool_*

GoSSCHgo said:
Corey Pecker for Erie about three-four years ago, and the idiots at TSN gave the first star to his teammate who had 2G 2A. :D :D

His linemates were Brad Boyes and Brandon Cullen :yo:

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
LaLaLaprise said:
Trotz is obviously misinformed.

Radulov was drafted out of a euro league, therefore he can play in the AHL at any age. His linemate back in Russia Roman Voloshenko is playing in the AHL, they were drafted from the same league and are the same age.

Trotz is absolutely not misinformed on the situation as there is no doubt that Poile was in on that comment. And if Poile or Shero don't fully know the rules, then the Preds would be in serious trouble. His comments were probably meant to reflect their feelings on Radulov. That he was too good for the Q but too young and immature for the AHL.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
SmokeyClause said:
Trotz is absolutely not misinformed on the situation as there is no doubt that Poile was in on that comment. And if Poile or Shero don't fully know the rules, then the Preds would be in serious trouble. His comments were probably meant to reflect their feelings on Radulov. That he was too good for the Q but too young and immature for the AHL.

I only went by what the poster said. The poster basically said that Trotz said Radulov COULDNT play in the AHL. Which is 100% false. Maybe he meant he doesnt have the skill/maturity to play in the AHL but according to the rules he COULD.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The only difference I see between the Radulov situation and the Voloshenko situation is that Voloshenko has already signed his entry-level contract, and Radulov has not. And obviously, you can't turn pro without signing a contract first.

Therefore, I think Trotz was not speaking in absolutes when discussing Radulov in training camp...he was probably suggesting Radulov IS ready for the AHL but there were financial ramifications to deal with as well.

IMHO.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Jag68Vlady27 said:
The only difference I see between the Radulov situation and the Voloshenko situation is that Voloshenko has already signed his entry-level contract, and Radulov has not. And obviously, you can't turn pro without signing a contract first.

Therefore, I think Trotz was not speaking in absolutes when discussing Radulov in training camp...he was probably suggesting Radulov IS ready for the AHL but there were financial ramifications to deal with as well.

IMHO.
This makes a lot of sense for the situation.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
LaLaLaprise said:
I only went by what the poster said. The poster basically said that Trotz said Radulov COULDNT play in the AHL. Which is 100% false. Maybe he meant he doesnt have the skill/maturity to play in the AHL but according to the rules he COULD.

No, even in the indirect quote NMK used, Trotz said that Radulov was too young to play in the AHL. It didn't have to mean he couldn't play technically. It could have very easily meant he thought he was too young and immature to play in the AHL. It could also have had to do with the contract situation. If the clock begins to tick on the entry level deal the moment it is signed, I'd be hesitant to let him play in the AHL. It would be better for him, but he'd be a UFA one year sooner.

I have no idea of the exact nature of the rule, but if he couldn't play in the AHL officially, then Trotz would be well aware of it. The same if he was AHL eligible. As an NHL coach in training camp, he has to be aware of the potential seasons for his young player. That he wouldn't know the rule despite having coached in the AHL for quite a while (and still having major recent connections to the league in the form of Peter Horachek) and having to work with the AHL rules for both Weber and Tootoo is absolutely incredible.

Transported Upstater

taunting canadian said:
Meh... All I can say is, he's no Schremp. Takes him a whole 12 games to break 30 points?!?

... just kidding. ;)

Looks like the CHL has gone more scoring-crazy than the NHL...

CHL has always been higher scoring, especially the QMJHL. However, this year, the OHL is the one that is having at least as many obscenely offensive games as the Q...

The reputation used to be that the WHL was the most defensive, the QMJHL least defensive and the OHL somewhat in between, but I really think you need to take each team's philosophy separately...Shawinigan certainly doesn't play the same style as Chicoutimi; their only similarity is that both towns have cool sounding names...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
LaLaLaprise said:
Radulov should be in the AHL.

He is better than Voloshenko who is having a great start to the year in the AHL.

Voloshenko is streaky. He had two games where he scored 3 goals + but since then he's been kind of...eh! His skating issue has been WAY overblown...The kid will look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->