Radim Vrbata Appreciation Thread

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I'll always remember that stank face he consistently made on the bench. Thanks for being one the guys who Smith passed to that could actually score. In all seriousness, I could see him being a great coach one day if he wanted. Enjoy!

636069542369004450-radim-vrbata.jpg

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Sad, but expected. I always really liked vrby, I'll never forget his sweet shootout move.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Vrby was maddening to watch when he was cold, but when he was hot on the Prime Line with Whitney and Hanzal he was magical. And his patent move on the shootout was joygasmic.

Hats off to a great, unsung career and all the best in retirement, Vrby!

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
One of the best players in franchise history IMO. I'm not sure if that's a mark on the franchise or a compliment of Vrby, but worth saying regardless.

I hope the Panthers dress him in their final game today.

Edit: No Vrby tonight. The f***, Sunbelt bros?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimahri

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
The most underrated player in franchise history. Love you Vrby. You are missed.

Blows my mind that this thread probably won’t even reach the second page.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Didn't like him much at first--slow, older, kinda one dimensional, name doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Then he just kept scoring 20 goals and that weird name of his kept cluttering up the top of the team scoring list.

He and those Czech Mates will be missed for sure.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
That shootout move...

Not much to say that hasn't already been said.

Thanks for the memories, Radom!

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Vrbata was one of my favorites. Sad to never see him play in a Coyotes jersey again. Have a great retirement Vrbata.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
First Jersey I ever purchased, actually the ex did, but was his. So long Vrbata. Never once did I feel more confident in that fake forehand, backhand roof in the shootout. Guy has to be responsible for quite a few SO points.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
One of, if not, the best pure goalscorer in this organization's history. Thanks Vrby! Hope you enjoy retirement, and don't be a stranger either. He'll always have a home here in the desert

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The Coyotes basically made Vrby's whole career with the way he flourished here. Felt bad that he didn't finish here, but he always did have the knack of cutting bait on us after a good season and going elsewhere, so in a way it's probably the perfect capper to his NHL career. Best of luck to the guy back home.

Reactions: Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Consummate professional. Liked his game, liked how he interviewed. Have a wonderful life back in the Czech Republic, Vrby!

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
One of the best! Would love to see him come back as player development or something.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I'll always remember that stank face he consistently made on the bench. Thanks for being one the guys who Smith passed to that could actually score. In all seriousness, I could see him being a great coach one day if he wanted. Enjoy!

View attachment 111403

Always thought the "stank face" was him sucking his mouth guard against his teeth. we may never know.

It was fun to watch him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad