Prospect Info: 2018 206th Overall Pick | D Radim Salda

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Another LHD stud. Wow. If we could only play all lefties...

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
playing in CZE next year. i dont think he'll come back ... :-(

Why? It's a step up from the CHL which really was his only option here. I don't think they thought he was AHL ready just yet, he could've probably did the Sosunov where he split time but now he gets to play in a better league than the ECHL. After this year we probably don't bring Guance back, Masin will either be in Tampa or on another NHL club, Sosunov is the only prospect currently in the AHL he will have to compete with and there is nothing coming from the CHL or college yet, Zuhlsdorf will be pro eligible just not sure he's contract worthy yet. This actually works out good for us because it gives a chance to see him play against men in a pro league without taking a contract spot yet.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Not sure we'd even have a spot for him here just yet. Let him go home, eat some home cooking, and play in a mens league. It'll be good for him.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just checking in because I believe the Lightning have until June 1st to sign Salda or they would lose his rights. He returned to the Czech Republic, playing nost of the season in that country's top league, the Extraliga, rather than playing in the QMJHL.

With several defense prospects becoming free agents I was wondering if he fits anywhere in Tampa Bay's plans.

After the NHL club it would seem most of their defenseman in the AHL are in the 23-26 year=old range , with several restricted and unrestricted free agents.

Imagine there are other options but wondering if anyone has information out of the Czech Republic as to his progress.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
not sure how he did in Europe, but he underwhelmed in the Q.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Salda was a project player, so the only thing that really matters is how far he's come defensively and in his decision-making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad