Race for the Rocket Richard 2021 - Part II

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Generational scorer. Generational player. Put some respect on his name and give credit where it's due.

Reactions: Peiskos

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I lost everything, my wife included.

But I will be a rock bottom riser. Every day is a new day.
I am sorry to hear that, I have been in some dark situations in my life but my curiosity for tomorrow always kept me going. I can say that things will get better, you just need to persevere through the hard spots.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Dunno, if there's one guy that can score 9 goals in 7 games (besides Matthews :)) it's McDavid.

If McDavid WERE to go on a tear and score 9 more goals in his last 7 games, he'd have what Matthews now has..........38 goals.

Matthews would then need to score just 1 goal in his last 5 games to win the Rocket.

Dang. That's quite a lead young Auston has. Even McDavid won't be able to catch him.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I am sorry to hear that, I have been in some dark situations in my life but my curiosity for tomorrow always kept me going. I can say that things will get better, you just need to persevere through the hard spots.

"curiosity for tomorrow" is a great way of putting things.

I think life is kind of like a series of thinking "what happens next?"

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
If McDavid WERE to go on a tear and score 9 more goals in his last 7 games, he'd have what Matthews now has..........38 goals.

Matthews would then need to score just 1 goal in his last 5 games to win the Rocket.

Dang. That's quite a lead young Auston has. Even McDavid won't be able to catch him.

Plus Matthews missed 4 games and couldn't shoot the puck in 13 others. It's not even remotely close.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wasn't it? Who had more actual time played?
Crosby still played 45 minutes more that season than Matthews did, while also being on his team's #1 pp which Matthews was not. If anything, it was closer than it appeared

I'm talking about actual raw stats that determines who wins the Rocket. You're talking about hypothetical scenarios where Babcock suddenly played Matthews differently.

Crosby finished with 4 more goals while playing 7 games less. If he hadn't missed those 7 games, he likely would have increased the gap because Sullivan would have continued to play him as much as he did in those 75 games.

We're not talking about a hypothetical scenario in which both Babcock and Sullivan would have played both guys the exact same minutes so we could see who would have won the Rocket if they played identical minutes. We're talking about a scenario that *did* happen and how that would have affected the gap in actual goal totals if Crosby hadn't missed 7 games.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Auston during the first 18 games: 18 goals
Auston in his last 17 games: 17 goals

That middle stretch of 12 games coincides with his wrist injury against Calgary on Feburary 24th. If he didn't hurt his wrist we could have seen a 50 goal in 56 game season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad