Race for the Calder - Part II

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If it wasn’t for McDavid doing McDavid things I’d seriously consider Kaprizov for the Hart. He’s completely turned that team around.
He doesn’t have a real argument for the Hart. It would be all media hype. Fiala, Zuccarello, and Talbot all deserve as much of the fame for turning this team around.

Reactions: le_sean

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Kaprisov 24 goals + 21 assists = 45⭐
Robertson 15 goals + 26 assists = 41⭐

5 games left

JRob got credit for the Panthers own goal tonight (got credit then they changed it to Hintz and now they changed it back to JRob lol)

So Kaprizov leads in points 45 to 42

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
JRob got credit for the Panthers own goal tonight (got credit then they changed it to Hintz and now they changed it back to JRob lol)

So Kaprizov leads in points 45 to 42

Nothing against Robertson, but on what basis can that be his goal? Last Dallas guy to touch the puck? Hintz in clearly closer to the play.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Nothing against Robertson, but on what basis can that be his goal? Last Dallas guy to touch the puck? Hintz in clearly closer to the play.
Last stars player with possession. Should be his goal. Pretty easy 2 points on the night. He still needs a pretty good stretch towards the end of the season to win the trophy I’d think, though.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Kaprizov is the runaway leading scorer of a playoff team. Robertson is 2nd in scoring on a team that is nearing elimination. And then goals favor Rizzo 24-15. Seems clear-cut.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
I had to check what the fuzz was about and boy did Robertson ever get some help from the hockey gods on this one. :D

The boys are still neck and neck. It's gonna be close. Minnesota has 1 more game against Vegas, 2 games against the Ducks and 2 against the Blues. Blues have been pain in Minnesota's butt all year and especially Kaprizov's so if he wants to seal the deal, he needs to do it in the next three games. Blues have all but clinched the last spot in the West so it all comes down to whether that's official or not. There's a good chance Kaprizov will sit a game, even if it costs him the Calder. Unless of course Minnesota has a chance to win the Division.

Dallas on the other hand has only four more games to go, 2 against Tampa and 2 against Chicago. Dallas is in a desperation mode I would assume being 4 points back of Nashville with a game in hand. Tampa has clinched and Chicago's season is over so it's hard to tell what kinds of teams they'll be facing.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Stars fan predicting Kap as the winner (worthy winner too). Hes been an electric goal scorer all year.

Im so thrilled with Jrob what a year hes had, but Kap will end a nose ahead. Kaprizov has answered Jrobs late charge, everytime Jrob scores Kap answers with a clutch goal.

A great race.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Kaprizov is the runaway leading scorer of a playoff team. Robertson is 2nd in scoring on a team that is nearing elimination. And then goals favor Rizzo 24-15. Seems clear-cut.
Pretty sure it's still "rookie of the year," not "playoff bound rookie of the year."

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Or "goals scored" rookie of the year.

Au contraire. I think goal- scoring, along with entertainment value and media hype, are the biggest factors. Goals are just sexier than assists. Only 8 players in the NHL have scored more goals than Kaprizov this season. KK has the same number of goals as Draisaitl and Ovechkin.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ffs, can we just let this play out and have the writers sort it out once the season ends? :laugh:

NO ONE knows which factors they'll weigh in more when they each pick a winner.

Is it possible that they all value goals more than anything else? Sure.

Will some look at overall team performance as an indicator? I wouldn't be surprised.

Would they factor in even strength production or plus/minus? Perhaps.

How about player age? That might make a difference as well.

In the end it'll probably go to Kaprizov regardless, he's been the unofficial "leader" for the lion's share of the season.

For Dallas, after Klingberg and Heiskanen got left in the dark in recent years, it'll be nice to see Robertson at least make it close in the eyes of the voters for once.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Au contraire. I think goal- scoring, along with entertainment value and media hype, are the biggest factors. Goals are just sexier than assists. Only 8 players in the NHL have scored more goals than Kaprizov this season. KK has the same number of goals as Draisaitl and Ovechkin.
Should we go ahead and chisel him in granite and stick him outside Xcel energy center for all the people to have a pilgrimage to? I highly doubt one of the check marks on the voting ballot is "What is more sexy...goals or assists?"

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Should we go ahead and chisel him in granite and stick him outside Xcel energy center for all the people to have a pilgrimage to? I highly doubt one of the check marks on the voting ballot is "What is more sexy...goals or assists?"

That would be AWESOME.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Like i said Robertsons only shot would've been if he got to 50+ points and the Stars made the playoffs ( while Kaprizov falters a little ) and neither is going to happen. Kaprizov is going to win but hey Robertson probably has the best rookie season of any Stars player since Modano . So its fitting an older Russian is going to win Calder in his rookie year . ;)

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Like i said Robertsons only shot would've been if he got to 50+ points and the Stars made the playoffs ( while Kaprizov falters a little ) and neither is going to happen. Kaprizov is going to win but hey Robertson probably has the best rookie season of any Stars player since Modano. So its fitting an older Russian is going to win Calder in his rookie year. ;)

This is indeed a very amusing parallel. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->