GDT: [R2/G4 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Dallas Stars @ Seattle Kraken - 6:30 PM PDT / 9:30 PM EDT (ESPN)

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Despite the final score, that wasn't as big of a margin as it appeared. We had enough chances in the 3rd period to tie it or take the lead. A rut in the ice, a centimeter to the left instead of the post, a split second quicker release and the misses are goals. Meanwhile, Dallas benefitted from the exact opposite earlier in the game. Shots that looked stoppable by Grubauer but took an odd skip or changed direction by an inch by a shin pad. And of course they benefitted by Jamie Benn pushing our goalie out of the blue paint and then getting bonus powerplay time on top of that. If Toronto calls that one our way, that Grubauer didn't fling himself out of the goal crease, we would have tied the game in the 3rd period...

Oh well. More beer sales. More commercial time. Onward to best of 3.

The biggest game in Kraken history is this next one.
Gotta take issue with one thing. Biggest game in Kraken history was Game Seven against Colorado. This next one isn't even an elimination game. Different kind of pressure.

I think our biggest advantage, why we might turn the tables once again, is that the whole team has seemingly come to feel that the road is a comfort zone. They know they play well on the road and that removes, or, at least, mitigates a big source of pressure. Especially if we get the first goal, Dallas is going to feel a whole lot of pressure, especially given the fact that some of their best players sometimes disappear for long stretches.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Gotta take issue with one thing. Biggest game in Kraken history was Game Seven against Colorado. This next one isn't even an elimination game. Different kind of pressure.

I think our biggest advantage, why we might turn the tables once again, is that the whole team has seemingly come to feel that the road is a comfort zone. They know they play well on the road and that removes, or, at least, mitigates a big source of pressure. Especially if we get the first goal, Dallas is going to feel a whole lot of pressure, especially given the fact that some of their best players sometimes disappear for long stretches.
Is there any particular reason why this team are road warriors? Shouldn't the advantage be at home with the crowd behind you? I get it probably varies season to season but it is a little strange.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019

No worries.

It was intended more as a "focus on the next game" sort of comment. What's over is over. The only game to worry about is the next one.

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad