Euro: R16: Wales vs. Northern Ireland, 6/25/2016

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I know this is going way, way out there, but how many wins would it take for Northern Ireland and Ireland to meet?

Are they in opposite sides of the bracket, or can they meet prior to the finals? :laugh:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Wales are the better team but for once in this tournament they are playing a game which they are expected to win and not the underdogs, lets see if they can perform like that. I 'worry' this will be a typical British style of game, all hustle/bustle and low technical skill which neither team risks too much. I went for Wales in the poll

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Just saw UEFA appointed Martin Atkinson for this match :laugh:

Now that's gotta be some sort of conflict, having an English ref in a game with two British (British in the sense of the demonym for the United Kingdom, obviously Northern Ireland isn't on the island of Great Britain) teams? Do they figure the conflict cancels out? This just doesn't seem right to me.

Wales win this one 2-0, goals from Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I just saw that Joe Allen was voted MotM in both the game against Slovakia and against Russia. I'm thinking Bale for MotM in this one.

Could be on a collision course with Belgium...that'll be a tough one.

Subban signed e5

Jun 21, 2012
best possible draw for Northern Ireland, heart says Northern Ireland but head says Wales win 2-1 two goals by Bale

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Boring game as I feared it would be, two British teams involved in a high pressure match is usually a let down

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Poland was disappointing earlier; Wales even more disappointing. Not a fan of how Wales' forwards are situated in buildup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad