World Cup: R16: Sweden vs. Switzerland, 7/3/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Are you going to be bias and say Sweden wasn't flopping today?
If you think this was a flopping game, you haven't watched many games this tournament. This was child's play diving. Watch Neymar, Pepe, Suarez or Ronaldo for a game and behold the masters of diving, while they scream like their leg is gone.
Sweden eliminated Italy, Holland, Germany.

Amazing run led by two Krasnodar beasts
Yup. You have to watch the teams Sweden surpassed to get where they are. It's ugly as hell, but they deserve to be where they are.

Reactions: JBeast

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Switzerland ****ed this up really badly. Sweden is utter trash but if you don't score against such a team you deserve to go home.
Well that's Netherlands and Italy in the qualifiers, won the group over Germany and Mexico, and now beat Switzerland. At some point, you should start wondering if the team is actually trash, or just very very hard to beat with some opportunistic scoring?

From the angles I saw, it looked more like it was momentum and slight contact causing him to lose his footing - I play forward and have been the guy tumbling in loads of those situations. There didn't seem to be too much in that to me.
That was my read too.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Lolwhat :D This much diving???? Welcome to sport of football you wont be enjoying it I would guess.
?????? I've watched for years. And it's Soccer. :)

Defending diving? Really? That's what we've come too?

I hate my local MLS team because of Giovinco. It's embarrassing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not at all. He started holding outside the box, kept holding inside the box and pushed him inside the box.
Yes, no idea what the heck that was. Rojo fouled Mbappe outside the box and then inside the box a second time for good measure.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If you think this was a flopping game, you haven't watched many games this tournament. This was child's play diving.
I've watched most games. That last two Sweden games were gross. The only thing more gross is Neymar lol

RedLeader

Feb 13, 2008
First the hockey finale and now the world cup. The Swiss must be furious with the swedes.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well that's Netherlands and Italy in the qualifiers, won the group over Germany and Mexico, and now beat Switzerland. At some point, you should start wondering if the team is actually trash, or just very very hard to beat with some opportunistic scoring?
Opportunistic is exactly how I would describe this Sweden team. They're not fancy, and I wouldn't favor them against any of the teams remaining (including Russia) but they are a very opportunistic team that plays a solid enough game to give them those opportunities.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Switzerland, now you lost in world champs hockey and in world cup Football against sweden.

ouch

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
?????? I've watched for years. And it's Soccer. :)

Defending diving? Really? That's what we've come too?

I hate my local MLS team because of Giovinco. It's embarrassing.
Well seems like you haven't watched any football if you get this upset for so little diving that this game had.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Well seems like you haven't watched any football if you get this upset for so little diving that this game had.
Yeah. Never understood people who get upset over diving in a game or from a particular player. It's an ever-present phenomena, and has been for years. You'd have an easier time pointing out the exceptions rather than those that do dive. Either you endure it, or this is not the sport for you; it's not really something you can't get away from.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I always get upset with diving because it's gross. It boggles my mind that FIFA is okay with it. It's such a beautiful game blemished with so much unsportsmanlike conduct.

Why are you so bothered by what I like and dislike? lol

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
I always get upset with diving because it's gross. It boggles my mind that FIFA is okay with it. It's such a beautiful game blemished with so much unsportsmanlike conduct.

did you saw neymar last game? like 10x worse than any swede

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden

I'm on your side, basically. I never watch football outside of the world cup. And this will probably be my last. Football has become incredibly boring and the systematic diving and faking injuries is just too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->