World Cup: R16: Sweden vs. Switzerland, 7/3/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Two of my favorites countries. Who ever wins,I'll be happy. Switzerland would be much tougher for Croatia/England/Colombia though.

Just worried about Croatia and England. Colombia has a history of losing to lowly ranked FIFA teams.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
Sweden qualified before the Netherlands in the qualifications and then beat Italy in the playoffs. Now they won their group over Germany. I think they will beat Switzerland and will not be afraid if they meet England in the next match ( better if they meet Colombia though).
Now the Suisse will be a very tough game and I think the game itself will probably go to penalties.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Sweden qualified before the Netherlands in the qualifications and then beat Italy in the playoffs. Now they won their group over Germany. I think they will beat Switzerland and will not be afraid if they meet England in the next match ( better if they meet Colombia though).
Now the Suisse will be a very tough game and I think the game itself will probably go to penalties.

They might beat Switzerland, but I don't think they have a chance against Kane and his English team.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
This team sweden generation is average but have good coach and team spirit.

but if we take a look at the generation before this one we had Zlatan, Ljungberg, Henrik Larsson, Christian Wilhemsson, Anders Svensson, Källström, Mellberg, Erik Edman, Isaksson.....lots of actual good players.

And the 90s team we had was really good with players such as Martin Dahlin, Kenneth Andersson, Klaes Ingesson, Tomas Brolin, Jonas Thern, Stefan Schwartz, Roland Nilsson, Joachim Björklund, Patrik Andersson, Anders Limpar, Jesper Blomqvist...

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
They might beat Switzerland, but I don't think they have a chance against Kane and his English team.
Then you haven't watched many england vs sweden games. England is the favorites sure but to say they haven't got a chance is kinda clueless.

Also to assume england will win against Columbia is a bit foolish considering how the results have been so far in the tournament.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Then you haven't watched many england vs sweden games. England is the favorites sure but to say they haven't got a chance is kinda clueless.

Also to assume england will win against Columbia is a bit foolish considering how the results have been so far in the tournament.

It's Colombia, but true; I haven't watched many England games. I'm only predicting, based on my interest.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm amused at how many people are completely discounting Colombia and assuming England will win. It's also puzzling that there's so much discussion about England in this thread.

Reactions: PickleRick

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Sweden has never ever had a hard time with England. It's usually a draw between them, no matter which year they meet.

I'm expecting a boring game here as long as neither team scores. Neither team wants to carry the game.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Sweden has never ever had a hard time with England. It's usually a draw between them, no matter which year they meet.

I'm expecting a boring game here as long as neither team scores. Neither team wants to carry the game.

I will never forget the 4-2 during the opening of our new stadium, when Zlatan scored four goals, one of them being that goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad