World Cup: R16: Spain vs. Russia, 7/1/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
How is that a handball off a deflection? My understanding is it has to be non inadvertent in that it has to go immediately off you and not off another player. I’ve never once seen a deflected ball called a handball

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Always like seeing bad things happen to Pique but hate that Russia gets a fluke penalty they absolutely don’t deserve.

Spain only have themselves to blame as this game should have already been 4 or 5 nothing by now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How is that a handball off a deflection? My understanding is it has to be non inadvertent in that it has to go immediately off you and not off another player. I’ve never once seen a deflected ball called a handball

He had no earthly reason to stick his arm way up like that though, other than hoping for a deflection. That was unintentional intentional.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He had no earthly reason to stick his arm way up like that though, other than hoping for a deflection. That was unintentional intentional.
With the way he jumped into the air with his arm up, the ball could have easily hit his arm on the first pass instead of the deflection. Zero excuse to be jumping like that.

Reactions: Tryamw

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton

That wasn't a deflection, the Russian played headed the ball towards the goal, Pique hand was in the way.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
It
It was’t a deflection. It was from a direct Dzyuba header. A penalty by the book.

member 51464

Why don't they call it an arm ball? Is it anything below the shoulder is a penalty?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You can’t have your hand in an unnatural position even if it’s inadvertent.

That’s why the ref kept thrusting his arm up.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad