Euro: R16: Italy vs. Spain, 6/27/2016

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hope spain can knock the italians out for us. I know spain's the stronger side, but with our record against italy and their style of play; I'd rather face the spaniards if we don't s*** ourselves against slovakia.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hopefully Spain wins this.

I've despised Italy since 06.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Spain has more depth at midfield and upfront, but Italy has an amazing back 3.

I can see Italy limiting Spain to 1 or 2 goals, but I also cannot see Italy scoring more than 2 with their lack of talent and Spains ability to control possession.

Should be Spain's night...

Now whether they can beat Germany is the question. The Germans have the skill and talent to torment Pique and Ramos.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Have this game finish 0:0 in FT, with Spain probably winning in ET or penalty kicks, also think Italy won't finish the match with 10 either and will park the bus like the Czechs did

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

This my reason why.

Was the ref Italian? :sarcasm:

That was no dive; Grosso clearly tripped over the Aussie defender. But it wasn't worthy of a penalty either, I would agree on that.

Can't fault the Italian side for taking advantage of a ref's error in judgment. Any other team would have done the same I'm sure. ;)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Was the ref Italian? :sarcasm:

That was no dive; Grosso clearly tripped over the Aussie defender. But it wasn't worthy of a penalty either, I would agree on that.

Can't fault the Italian side for taking advantage of a ref's error in judgment. Any other team would have done the same I'm sure. ;)

That was a dive.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Italy's the team you love to hate while Spain is everybody's darlings. So it's obvious Italy will win this one

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
That was a dive.

This argument always angers me.

Everyone seems to forget, Italy got a harsh straight red card at the 50th minute of this match.

So, Australia played HALF the game with a man advantage and still failed to register more shots on net then Italy did playing a man down... Why did Australia deserve to go through?

lud

May 27, 2009
Croatia
I'll go with Italy. 2-1 I resume.

Spain main weakness is Morata. He is just no good for Chiellini-Bonucci-Barziaghli. Even he knows them from Juve,still.
Also why the **** Koke doensn't play in first XI? He is so much better than Fabregas and Silva. What the hell Del Bosque thinking?
Spain has better team,but Italy is gonna win.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This argument always angers me.

Everyone seems to forget, Italy got a harsh straight red card at the 50th minute of this match.

So, Australia played HALF the game with a man advantage and still failed to register more shots on net then Italy did playing a man down... Why did Australia deserve to go through?

Why did Italy deserve to go through the way they did? Oh that's right because they are diving pieces of ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad