Euro: R16: Iceland vs. England, 6/27/2016

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
the reefree did father son holy spirit sign just after he blowed the whistle....never seen a refree do that...

about the game, england is not good, the only good thing with english soccer is foreigners in premier leauge.

Not really. What's wrong with England is politics leading to good players like Mark Noble being left at home and an absolute goof like Hodgson getting their job. So many players out of position and doing things they shouldn't be doing.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Coach of the English national team has to be one of the least desireable jobs in football. The press will overrate the hell out of the team prior to tournaments dispite not actually beeing that good and when the team inevitable fails the press is gonna rip you a new one.

They aren't "lose to Iceland" bad. Or they shouldn't be...

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
:laugh:

Cheers for the laugh England, helped me forget about Germany's next game/nightmare for a while.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Given the collective talent on this team, this England squad is one of the biggest chokers in world sports right now. Absolutely pathetic.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Will there be riots in England?

This would be like Canada or Sweden losing to Kazakhstan in hockey or something, right?

Iceland HAS gotten better over the last several years, they made the qualifying playoffs for Rio 2014 and lost to Croatia.

I'm sure US Soccer is a little jealous how good how quick Iceland's gotten :P

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
I can't believe England ended the game playing 4 strikers. It honestly looked like only 18 year old Rashford wanted it badly. It was just sloppy all around. Controlling the ball, misplacing passes, all in all just poor play.

What an upset Iceland though. Thoroughly worked for.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
30639-1gvsk2k.jpg

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
WOW! I love these guys.

I hope they destroy France.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
England were so so so so bad. Iceland showed them what you can do as a unit where everyone knows their job and knows exactly what to do. England are poorly coached for sure, they have no structure in the team, there's no sense they're more than just a collection of players.

Iceland looks a bit like they could be the Greece of this tournament. Let's not kid ourselves, it's not like that Greek team really had better quality. The Icelanders work hard and work smart, it's not gonna be easy for France to beat them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad