Euro: R16: Hungary vs. Belgium, 6/26/2016

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hungary have been entertaining and can leave with their heads held high...especially, everyone's favourite dad.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hungary really don't serve to lose by 4. They especially deserved to score at least 1.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Great performance from Belgium. Finally seeing what this team can do. Hungary played very well also, but were just outclassed by the attacking talent on Belgium.

Hazard had an incredible game. I'm still frustrated we didn't see this level from him for Chelsea in 15-16, because he played amazing in 14-15.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Good to see Belgium finally put the game away near the end.

How does everyone feel about the Red Devils vs Wales?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Commentating was just mindless in this one.

"Look out Germany, look out Spain, look out Italy Belgium are coming"

Um, Italy entirely dismantled Belgium in the opener with that game being the only challenging opponent Belgium have faced.

As far as Hazard, good game, sure, but lets be clear here that the Hungary defending was expectedly weak.

On 2nd goal the corner is turned away out of harms way, Hazard gets the ball, in a position where he is defended by two opponents, who somehow just stand there and watch as he simply pushes the ball forward and beat them both to the ball, not only did they not even challenge for that ball they allow him enough time for a cross..:amazed: Just awful defending. Definition of being caught flat footed.

On Hazard goal he walks around every Hungary *defender* on the pitch before wrapping the ball around the goalie in the one spot he could put it. Great play, but just awful defending, questionable goaltending on the play.

Belgium really benefitting from weak side draw. They get an easy opponent, then another in Wales. Meanwhile Spain Italy have to play each other in the same round that teams like Ireland and Wales are playing each other.:shakehead

Sham bracket.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Replays show he was a tad offside. But as I said, extremely tough to see live.

Replay shows he was onside.

aRRc1En.jpg

Impressive stuff from Belgium.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Wales did beat Belgium in qualifying didn't they?

Yeah although they basically scored on their only chance, which also happened to be an extremely dumb turnover by (I think) Nainggolan. But tbf we also didn't create much in that game

Wales have played us very though in both the WC and EC qualifying, we only beat them once in 4 games

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Wales should get absolutely battered playing a real team for the first time, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

...Well, they did quite well against England despite losing (at the last minute).

Wait, real team?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Hazard was spectacular today... I've heard people already trying to knock down the performance "because it's Hungary"... well, it was a freaking exhibition, Hungary or not, he was sublime.
If he played like this always he would be considered a top-3 player no doubt.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Belgium has to break through, right now only way they're going to silence people.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Belgium not being in the final with the bracket given to them would truly be embarrassing. Hard to imagine them having an easier way to a major tournament final then this one. No offense to Wales and Poland/Portugal but those countries are one player teams for the most part. Belgium is a far more complete squad and should feel very confident in the position they are at now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad