Chicago, IL
I mean, how can you not cheer for Argentina. Scenes like this:
(click for gif apparently)

What a specimen.

giphy.gif

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
God, I need to stop being surprised when SEPH says racist ****.
Then says you don't know what that word means... it really is a turnoff.

Anyway pavon might start as well as ADM and messi as the 9. Meaning no real striker since messi will drop back and play CM/AM and 9. While playing a bit of both RW and DM.

I don't trust what Sampa says anymore so I'll assume no Pavon.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
Argentina escaped the jaws of death. they've played some of their worst football to date in this world cup, but they also pulled off a gutsy win to qualify for the knockout stages.
there is no more pressure for them, they are underdogs and I think they will beat France.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Still waiting for France to “click”.

Definitely my favorite team in the WC (in terms of quality). Should drop Pogba IMO, but I guess that won’t happen and I also guess most would disagree with me so....

Feels a bit stupid saying it considering the players Argentina got, but I would be more surprised if Argentina won than Japan. When was the last time Argentina looked like a proper team? I honestly can’t remember the last time I saw them play together in a way that the team looked better than the parts (like Sweden against Mexico etc).

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Still waiting for France to “click”.

Definitely my favorite team in the WC (in terms of quality). Should drop Pogba IMO, but I guess that won’t happen and I also guess most would disagree with me so....

If you drop Pogba, you've effectively removed every single bit of creativity there is in the French midfield. Not that Pogba is some masterful playmaker or anything like that but all three goals scored by France came from his runs toward the box. When Deschamps lines up a three man midfield of Pogba-Kanté-Matuidi, he's all they have on that front.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Looking forward to Messi beating the entire African continent plus some French colonies to win this tournament

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Then says you don't know what that word means... it really is a turnoff.

Anyway pavon might start as well as ADM and messi as the 9. Meaning no real striker since messi will drop back and play CM/AM and 9. While playing a bit of both RW and DM.

I don't trust what Sampa says anymore so I'll assume no Pavon.

Di Maria should be dropped, Pavon and Meza as the wingers.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If you drop Pogba, you've effectively removed every single bit of creativity there is in the French midfield. Not that Pogba is some masterful playmaker or anything like that but all three goals scored by France came from his runs toward the box. When Deschamps lines up a three man midfield of Pogba-Kanté-Matuidi, he's all they have on that front.
Tolisso can be creative and Rabiot obviously is.
Of course one will be on the bench and the other in his couch.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
France will win with ease IMO. It's the perfect game for them to click since they won't be facing a team that parks the bus.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Messi being the one individual in this tournament I'd like to see winning it all, but this Argentina team has so many flaws, it just doesn't seem to be possible. Although they're not as bad as Argentina in WC'90 (the worst WC finalist since the WW2 at least), there are just too many better teams around this year that can't all be beaten by them.

I predicted France to win the Euro 2016, and I think they're even better this time (especially with forwards), so I'd consider them favourites again. Won't be a massacre, but probably 2-0 or 3-1 for France.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I was envisioning France avenging the Euros against Portugal next round, so I have to go with France. Wasn’t anticipating them playing Argentina, though.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Tolisso as mentioned. And if you go more 2-3-1 then both Fekir and Lemar could play instead of Pogba and be just as creative (more I would argue). All better alternatives in my opinion.

And with players like Dembele, Griezmann and Mbappe up front you don´t need that much "creativity" in midfield. As for runs Matuidi is capable of making those as well if he is asked to.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Ugh, an hour and a bit till game time and I still have like four hours of work to do. Working on the weekend is the worst anyhow, but especially when it's beautiful outside and there's a big game coming on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad