World Cup: R16: France vs. Argentina. 6/30/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
A little scare right at the end I’ll wager.

Oh for sure. They need to clean some stuff up. But the offensive talent is there, without Giroud and Griezmann really dominating. They work well as a unit.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I don’t have a lot of sympathy.

He had a top of the box chance which he whiffed on.

He missed a penalty in the first match.

He had the wonder double touch goal but was pretty inconsistent overall I think.
The goal he scored in this game was incredible though. So aware and so skillful.

Reactions: NyQuil

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Ridiculous game.

Yeah, Mbappe obvious MVP, but I though Pogba had a great game.

Argentina, despite the goals, never looked in control. And Otamendi is a dirty little shit lol.

Reactions: le_sean

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don’t have a lot of sympathy.

He had a top of the box chance which he whiffed on.

He missed a penalty in the first match.

He had the wonder double touch goal but was pretty inconsistent overall I think.

People need to realize the chance he missed he missed was on his weaker foot and a chance that doesn't exist for 99% of the rest of the World because they won't create that like he does. Also no mention of the assists?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
People need to realize the chance he missed he missed was on his weaker foot and a chance that doesn't exist for 99% of the rest of the World because they won't create that like he does.

Also no mention of the assists?

I get that, but he's the best player in the world for a reason too.

He is, rightly or wrongly, going to be held to a higher standard.

A ball in that position on either foot, at that point in the game, with the score being what it was, should amount to a decent scoring chance.

If you think he did enough in this tournament, fair enough. I'm not sure if everyone would agree.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I get that, but he's the best player in the world for a reason too.

He is, rightly or wrongly, going to be held to a higher standard.

A ball in that position on either foot, at that point in the game, with the score being what it was, should amount to a decent scoring chance.

If you think he did enough in this tournament, fair enough. I'm not sure if everyone would agree.

I definitely thought he should have done better with that chance, no question. Your post wasn't representative of his overall play though and no one has commented on what he did to flcreate that opening.

I never commented on whether or not he did enough. That said I think he did. This march alone while being a loss is 4-1 without him.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I think France will have a harder time against Portugal or Uruguay mainly because both those teams have a half decent D. Clearly Argentina D lost the game for them. They scored 3 after all.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
People need to realize the chance he missed he missed was on his weaker foot and a chance that doesn't exist for 99% of the rest of the World because they won't create that like he does. Also no mention of the assists?
Well, he did score a great goal with his chocolate foot against Nigeria. He HAS to score goals against big teams in crunch time. But apparently he hasn’t scored a single knockout stage goal for Argentina at FIFA world cups.

Reactions: Asiantuntija

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad