World Cup: R16: Brazil vs. Mexico, 7/2/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
For the safety of the player, really. Warriors will play through broken bones; we have to have rules in place to ensure that they don't push themselves past reasonable standards.

Good proposal.

We don’t wanna hear years later about how a player was forced to play through such injuries and how now their lives are a wreck physically.

If Neymar isn’t in a wheelchair by 50 I’ll be shocked

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
We don’t wanna hear years later about how a player was forced to play through such injuries and how now their lives are a wreck physically
Yup; exactly like the concussions in football. Gotta get out ahead of it or they'll end up like those old football players; walking corpses, basically.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Sure, Ronaldo does for one.
I don't care for it tbh.
As long as there's a foul, I don't care. I have a problem with players diving, but not embellishing.
I have much more of a problem towards defensemen doing dirty tricks on offensive stars and ruining the flow of the game.
But for some reason, especially here, people would rather cheer for thugs than stars because stars have to oversell to get whistles.
I don't think Ronaldo is as bad; at least he's a little selective. Neymar goes down every time an opposing player farts in his general vicinity.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Brazil-Belgium (I doubt that Japan will beat them) quarterfinal should be a treat.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Announcers are going nuts about how Brazil is now the odds on favorite to win it all ignoring that France looked good and Belgium has looked great as well.
Looking great against Panama and Tunisie is not a huge achievement.
Also, Belgium have never won against the big boys in international tournaments.
It will be a tough game, but I like our chances.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Best thing about this game : One of these teams has been eliminated.
Worst thing about this game : One of these teams has not been eliminated.

Seriously, there are some likable guys out there, but this Brazil side is by far the most unlikable team I've seen in a while.

And when oh when will they bring in retroactive suspensions for dives and faking injury.

Absolutely disgusting.

Belgium, please... Beat them. Doesn't have to be 7-1, but a 3-0 will do. :D

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Mexico did what they always do by going out at this stage, but the first 30 mins them taking the game on Brazilians, showed that Brazil are hardly invincible.

If they make it through, Belgium's full backs are a concern though, they'll have trouble against Neymar and Willian for sure. But I bet that Hazard fancies himself against Fagner as well, and Lukaku should provide more scoring threat than what Mexico had. Not to mention de Bruine can score from long distance.

I think the most impressive thing from Brazil was their shot blocking, they were like NHL players out there. But that could be exploited with fake shots and patience, and then quick penetrating runs.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Mexico did what they always do by going out at this stage, but the first 30 mins them taking the game on Brazilians, showed that Brazil are hardly invincible.

If they make it through, Belgium's full backs are a concern though, they'll have trouble against Neymar and Willian for sure. But I bet that Hazard fancies himself against Fagner as well, and Lukaku should provide more scoring threat than what Mexico had. Not to mention de Bruine can score from long distance.

I think the most impressive thing from Brazil was their shot blocking, they were like NHL players out there. But that could be exploited with fake shots and patience, and then quick penetrating runs.

Yea Lukaku adds a size and arial threat that Mexico didn’t have. De bruyne is also a better distributor than anyone on Mexico and Hazard adds more threat from slower play while still being amazing on the break.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Neymar is still one of the biggest douchebags I've ever seen that is considered a world athlete. I like how Brazil plays, but Neymar is one giant pile of dog shit. He knows how to play football, but he is a shining star what nobody likes about football. f*** him. As soon as someone breathes on him, he behaves like he lost his entire leg on a landmine. Five times every game. Get rid of him already.

A forgettable game. It was more entertaining than both games yesterday, but that's like saying it's better to no be in a burning house.

Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo, Pepe, etc, they can all go to hell.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France usually beats Brasil in WC. They match well against them.
Problem is that France doesn't match well against regrouped parking the bus opponents. Read Uruguay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad