World Cup: R16: Brazil vs. Mexico, 7/2/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Not sure why Mexico thought they would play Brazil differently than Germany. Mexico trying to play on equal terms with Brazil just seems like wild overconfidence.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I wonder how many of these almost-offside goals could be prevented if the defenders actually kept playing instead of stopping to petition for a whistle.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Ps. I feel bad for most Brazilians because of how bad I want them to lose. But Neymar is disgusting.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
If you've played football of any kind, you'd know it does hurt. Neymar is going to finish this game with tons of bruises like he does every game. Just like every offensive star.

Amazing he could make that game closing run after sustaining such an injury just moments before

Reactions: BruinLVGA

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
Neymar deserves a purple heart and medal of honor for overcoming such a devastating injury.

I thought for sure they would have to amputate his ankle.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
You still didn't get that right.
Neymar is an embellisher and if you despise him for it, you have to despise half your team, especially your biggest star.
Let's not forget Modric with a BLATANT dive that got Rabiot carded for no reason. We're not talking about embellishment here. He wasn't even touched.

When my guys dive, I admit it. I do not come up with weird mental gymnastics to defend them.

There is way too much embellishment in soccer. It should be carded more often.

Neymar is despicable for a great many things, diving/embellishment is part of it. Ronaldo is easy to hate as well, I never denied that. I love what he does for Real but won't cry when he leaves.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But not every offensive star reacts the way that he does to being hurt. Neymar is in a class by himself with this routine.
Sure, Ronaldo does for one.
I don't care for it tbh.
As long as there's a foul, I don't care. I have a problem with players diving, but not embellishing.
I have much more of a problem towards defensemen doing dirty tricks on offensive stars and ruining the flow of the game.
But for some reason, especially here, people would rather cheer for thugs than stars because stars have to oversell to get whistles.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I don't care he oversold it. It's obvious.
I have a problem with the fact that if he doesn't roll on the pitch, the ref doesn't even see the dirty trick pulled here.
Thus he rolls on the pitch to get the guy rightfully carded.

It didn’t get called anyway. Any person who was watching that could see that there was no possible thing that could have happened there to cause such a reaction. So again not only does he look like a complete and total douche but he didn’t get the card he was trying to get.

This is is about the third major injury Neymar has had this tournament, or so you would think if you were watching. Amazing he is able to finish this tournament. A true warrior.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Why was Chicha subbed off when Mexico’s strategy had nothing to do with feeding Jimenez :laugh::laugh:

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
There should be a new rule for diving/embellishing at that level: The player should be removed from the game & replaced. It should cut down on it & shouldn't hurt their team too bad by making them play a man down/won't be such a punishment that refs would never call it.

Reactions: jc17

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
There should be a new rule for diving/embellishing at that level: The player should be removed from the game & replaced. It should cut down on it & shouldn't hurt their team too bad by making them play a man down/won't be such a punishment that refs would never call it.

Or if you are so very clearly injured, you should have to be subbed off.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I have never met a single person in my life that would react that way from a bruise. Apparently it’s just Neymar!
Who denied he embellished? Nobody.

Who denied the mexican guy should be carded? Plenty.

That tells you the collective IQ of some posters.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
If you've played football of any kind, you'd know it does hurt. Neymar is going to finish this game with tons of bruises like he does every game. Just like every offensive star.

That amount of pressure is not "hurt". It is patently clear from the replays. End of story.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Who denied he embellished? Nobody.

Who denied the mexican guy should be carded? Plenty.

That tells you the collective IQ of some posters.

Again I think Layun should have been carded. But Neymar’s reaction caused it not to happen. A guy walks over to you and then you're barrel rolling down the field? To someone standing there it’s very clearly embellishment, which is definitely why Layun didn’t get a card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad