World Cup: R16: Brazil vs. Mexico, 7/2/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I thought he made a good save on a Willian shot also IIRC.

If Willian plays like he did against Mexico and Firmino starts I can't see them losing to Belgium.

I felt like Coutinho was pretty meh against Mexico though, so they'll need him to step up in the future rounds with Jesus likely to retain his spot.

Fernandinho coming in over Casemiro will probably also be a blessing in disguise.

You're back!

For all we disagree on various things, I'm glad to see it.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

If Willian plays like he did against Mexico and Firmino starts I can't see them losing to Belgium.

I felt like Coutinho was pretty meh against Mexico though, so they'll need him to step up in the future rounds with Jesus likely to retain his spot.

Fernandinho coming in over Casemiro will probably also be a blessing in disguise.

I doubt it. Casemiro was tied with Kante for most tackles, he's been one of our best players in this WC. Casemiro is even more valuable if Marcelo starts, Filipe Luis is more conservative so he doesn't need someone to cover him as much as Marcelo does, and Casemiro has been doing this job for years at Madrid.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Does anyone know how Neymar is doing after that horrific ankle injury? Will he be able to walk again?

Reactions: N o o d l e s

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Likeable: Current or former Barcelona players.

Unlikeable: Current or former Real Madrid players

What, no Atleti, Chelsea, Villarreal or Madrid players? OK, no Villarreal players in the team and I'm probably missing at least five or six of the other clubs you support.

BTW, my inbox isn't full so feel free to do the usual private message reply making light of terrorist attacks or whatever you've moved to these days.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
What, no Atleti, Chelsea, Villarreal or Madrid players? OK, no Villarreal players in the team and I'm probably missing at least five or six of the other clubs you support.

BTW, my inbox isn't full so feel free to do the usual private message reply making light of terrorist attacks or whatever you've moved to these days.

Terrorist attacks? I've invited you to meet up so I could buy you a steak dinner so many times.

Villarreal, Chelsea, amd LA Galaxy. One team per league, my friend. Gotta give me some credit.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Terrorist attacks? I've invited you to meet up so I could buy you a steak dinner so many times.

Villarreal, Chelsea, amd LA Galaxy. One team per league, my friend. Gotta give me some credit.

Yeah, terrorist attacks:

Your thoughts on the Barcelona attacks

I wouldn't be surprised if the first thing that came to your mind was "I bet those attackers are Real Madrid supporters."

You are a ****ing narcissistic piece of ****. The biggest a-hole on this board.

And that's cut and pasted. Like I said, making light of terrorist attacks. I don't see anything about a steak dinner either. Of course I can check the other ones if you'd like.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

How? If anything Paulinho will get exposed even more because Fernandinho, while still a very solid player, doesn't run as much as Casemiro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad