World Cup: R16: Brazil vs. Mexico, 7/2/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
France should beat Brazil. They are a better team.
People get so caught up in one game that they forget that France played like shit in the group stage adn won against the worst argentinian team in recent memory.
They have amazing players, but they hardly play like it. But Brazil always get f***ed by them in WCs, so you never know.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
In your case it does.
Seeing that you have zero idea who I am + I wasn't even part of the conversation where you insulted a great deal of posters, you are calling me ignorant purely as a derogatory term and as an ad hominem attack. Would that be a correct assessment of your statement and its meaning?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Mexico's finishing and defensively poor fullbacks are why they didn't win this game imo, Brazil were there for the taking on the counter and the first 20ish minutes.

Still a flawed team imo Brazil but stupid Germany had to go with a shitty coach and the other sides decided to all go through a bad generation or a rebuilding generation for some reason.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Seeing that you have zero idea who I am + I wasn't even part of the conversation where you insulted a great deal of posters, you are calling me ignorant purely as a derogatory term and as an ad hominem attack. Would that be a correct assessment of your statement and its meaning?
No, I remember your previous discussions with other posters. And one I took part in. Twice is enough to show your character.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
No, I remember your previous discussions with other posters. And one I took part in. Twice is enough to show your character.
(Supposed) Character has nothing to do with ignorance - as in lack of knowledge -, hence you can only be using the word "ignorant" in regards to me as an insult & a personal attack. It's the greatest irony that you talk about "character" and at the same time don't have the courage to admit that simply put, you are insulting me.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Oh you manage both. Ignorance AND character.

So, you don't even have the balls to admit that you resort to ad hominem attacks and flaming, when presented with the fact that you act rudely towards anyone who doesn't share your opinion(s)? Weak. :nod:

PS: learn that exotic forum technique called "quote"...

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Funny how every single thread on Brazil matches have been a shitshow so far lol

Best thing about this game was William's revival. Finally taking on players and using his speed and dribbling, he was way too passive in the other matches.

Firmino needs to start over Gabriel Jesus. It's time.

Ochoa is good, Brazil shot at him a lot, though. Other than the save on Paulinho, all were defensible shots.

Thiago Silva still is one of the best CBs in the World. Emery must be kicking himself for benching him against Real. He's been perfect so far.

PS: Can't wait for Neymar & Mbappé show under Tuchel.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
It's time for another South American team... cheering for that from here on out. Personal preference would Uruguay or outside shot of Columbia.

the people have spoken!

Sem_t_tulo.png

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Christ I only now saw the Neymar dive. What a f***ing embarrassment he is. How he manages to transcend ordinary embellishment to make it seem like he's getting murdered every time is a disgrace to athletic competition in general.

I mean yeah the Mexican player should've watched his feet but acting like his foot got cut off and then being set on fire...his foot seemed pretty okay when he was setting up the second goal.

Short of Ghana for knocking out the US multiple times, I've never wanted a team to lose more than this Brazilian team. I know one guy doesn't represent the whole squad but I want this guy to have a good reason to cry for once.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Funny how every single thread on Brazil matches have been a ****show so far lol

Best thing about this game was William's revival. Finally taking on players and using his speed and dribbling, he was way too passive in the other matches.

Firmino needs to start over Gabriel Jesus. It's time.

Ochoa is good, Brazil shot at him a lot, though. Other than the save on Paulinho, all were defensible shots.

Thiago Silva still is one of the best CBs in the World. Emery must be kicking himself for benching him against Real. He's been perfect so far.

PS: Can't wait for Neymar & Mbappé show under Tuchel.
I thought he made a good save on a Willian shot also IIRC.

If Willian plays like he did against Mexico and Firmino starts I can't see them losing to Belgium.

I felt like Coutinho was pretty meh against Mexico though, so they'll need him to step up in the future rounds with Jesus likely to retain his spot.

Fernandinho coming in over Casemiro will probably also be a blessing in disguise.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So Alpha Hendo too I guess.

How many times did he do what Neymar has done/continues to do?

DhKEMaiXcAAKVYa.jpg

Look at that face.

The anguish.

The agony.

The sheer volume of pain he must feel.

Surely pain like that would be enough to miss a game or two, right? Hell, maybe even more.

SURELY pain like that can't be healed too quickly, definitely not quickly enough to be back on his feet running around at full speed in mere minutes.

Unless he's superhuman.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How many times did he do what Neymar has done/continues to do?

DhKEMaiXcAAKVYa.jpg

Look at that face.

The anguish.

The agony.

The sheer volume of pain he must feel.

Surely pain like that would be enough to miss a game or two, right? Hell, maybe even more.

SURELY pain like that can't be healed too quickly, definitely not quickly enough to be back on his feet running around at full speed in mere minutes.

Unless he's superhuman.
So it's fine when it's Hendo.

Got ya.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So it's fine when it's Hendo.

Got ya.

Not at all what I said. :laugh:

Any embellishment is frowned upon, especially when it's blatant.

Neymar just seems to have ramped it up a notch in Russia, writing around on the pitch screaming and crying like he's just been shot. We're spared the full effect because the audio doesn't pick up how loud he must be.

I'm very thankful for that.

Sure he's the highest-profile player remaining so there's a target on his back and all eyes are on him....but I bet most of those eyes are rolling even more than he is.

I do hope he doesn't do it again versus Belgium, but if he does you can be sure it'll get talked about, and mocked internationally.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What I hope is that Neymar is mocked when he dives, not when he embellishes and the blind ref can't see it and he has to roll on the pitch to get the guy carded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad