World Cup: R16: Belgium vs. Japan, 7/2/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Japan losing on a break in a game like this is totally fitting. A clever team takes that as a short corner and then passes the ball about, no point in a corner in the box with all those tall Belgians there. Told ya all, Japan is the opposite of a team playing football with calculation.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Man, I was almost shouting at Lukaku to let the ball go through since he wasn't in an ideal position and another player was trailing him in support and then he did exactly that.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I literally texted my friend when Chadli and Fellaini came on "LMFAO clearly Martinez does not want to win." Eating crow right now!

That dummy from Lukaku was lovely.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Thumbs up to both teams, Japan was always dangerous until Belgium scored their first. They play a very disciplined game and never stopped running.
Belgium showed great spirit to overcome two goals and after they scored their first, they started to believe they can win and they finally played like it. But why not start like that?
Very enjoyable game.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Incredible. Game of the tournament for me. Both teams just gunning for a win, and as heartbreaking that is for Japan, they need to hold their heads as high as they can. They went for it, when they could have pulled a Russia. What a game. What an incredible World Cup so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad