GDT: R1:G5 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 30th | 7:30 PM | F/L 6-3

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
They clearly need a revamped bottom 6 and 1 more big name up front.

I totally agree, but here's the problem I don't think enough realize...

If you're really trying to create a Cup contender - Not just a 7th/8th seed, then Lou (or any GM) isn't going to be able to accomplish that (and fix the D which is needed), given the lack of cap space, assets to trade, and contracts to shed.

Reactions: ekill08x

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
It’s not that they lost it’s how it happened. Brutal. Oh well still happy I got to watch some isles playoff hockey.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
I still cannot believe the play Pageau made on the 4th goal. He looked totally disinterested. You have to stop there a get a piece of that puck.

Reactions: doublechili

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY

If you're really trying to create a Cup contender - Not just a 7th/8th seed, then Lou (or any GM) isn't going to be able to accomplish that (and fix the D which is needed), given the lack of cap space, assets to trade, and contracts to shed.

Cap space may be a problem....but ill leave that up to lou to figure out. He got rid of bailey somehow so he can figure something out.

Reactions: kk

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
I still cannot believe the play Pageau made on the 4th goal. He looked totally disinterested. You have to stop there a get a piece of that puck.
May have looked weak but puck jumped right over his stick. I guess you could blame him but that was a tough hop to handle

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011

yeah he really gave the wrong guys long term deals. every single one regressed significantly except Bo. Not having difference makers in the system is also rough. cant keep giving picks away either. nelson is the best trade chip we have. pageau needs to go too.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Cap space may be a problem....but ill leave that up to lou to figure out. He got rid of bailey somehow so he can figure something out.

Lou has backed us into this mess where he has to shed overpaid players just to basically bring everyone back.

I'd like to know when you'll stop just "leaving it up to Lou."

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
I think they have to trade what they can for what they can. Nelson, JGP and July 1 Lee. Let the dead weight walk. Start the rebuild at the draft. It will be a couple of years.

Reactions: ekill08x

Chockey22

Jul 12, 2022
Agreed, it was so weak on his part - he's really been disappointing this year. That said, the D (Romanov) backed so far in on that rush, had no gap control. The entire sequence shows why the Isles are out

Reactions: ck26

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020

The Isles can make the trades and revamp, but they need to backfill in UFA to do it. That’s the big unknown as the Isles are not known for being a player in that market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad