GDT: R1:G5 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 30th | 7:30 PM | F/L 6-3

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I guess the real question is, what is the end game here? So many older players with long contracts, I Don't think rebuilding on the fly can happen

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I guess the real question is, what is the end game here? So many older players with long contracts, I Don't think rebuilding on the fly can happen
I'm all in favor of a 100% firesale. no one is safe. In fact, we could get a good haul for each of Barzal, Dobson, Sorokin, Nelson (though he might be a UFA??) and Horvat.

I'm just so tired of this team being no shows year after year in do or die games.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Trade Nelson

Find a taker for Pageau.

Sign Stamkos (never happening, I know)

Trade Pelech for a bonafide young goal-scorer

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Out:

Nelson
Pageau

In:

Marchessault
Stamkos

Pain. Idk what else they can do to get younger they'll prob get older

SI

Feb 16, 2013
No, the fact that you’re calling out other posters for discussing the game and calling out players. Not sure what you want to read in this thread.
Just highlighting they are playing a team that has the best special teams and 5on5 in the league - so to put it on a select group of players to me is silly. Sometimes the other team is just better.

That being said - they have to win the next 20 minutes.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
It’s a bit of a dilemma for Lou (assuming he’s still here) regarding Nelson and Palmieri.

If he holds onto them grasping for one last run next season then he’s playing with fire. Injuries or a drop off in their production and he’s left holding the bag at the TDL. Conversely, if he flips one of them in the offseason then he might as well trade both since their chances of competing for a playoff spot would be rather poor.

Cal it a retool or something else, all I know is the times are a changin’.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
No, it’s been an opinion of mine for many years.

It’s also personal, having been subjected to these buffoons on a daily basis in the worst year of my life.
I see. Similar reasons why many Isles fans can’t fathom rooting for the Rangers next round

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
we are backing up too much again

Game 4 we played them tighter now back to moving back

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
For those saying it shouldn't have been a penalty shot, it was the correct call.

67.2 Minor Penalty – Player - A player shall be permitted to catch the puck out of the air but must immediately place it or knock it down to the ice. A player shall be assessed a minor penalty for “closing his hand on the puck”: (i) If he catches it and skates with it, either to avoid a check or to gain a territorial advantage over his opponent; (ii) If he places his hand over the puck while it is on the ice in order to conceal it from or prevent an opponent from playing the puck; NOTE: When this is done in his team’s goal crease area, a penalty shot shall be assessed (67.4) or a goal awarded (67.5).

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
You see that? Every time a Carolina player comes near us they fall lmaooooooooooooo

For those saying it shouldn't have been a penalty shot, it was the correct call.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://media.nhl.com/site/asset/public/ext/2023-24/2023-24Rulebook.pdf
The Carolina players on the ice made the right call = )

AKA, yes, you can't cover the puck in the crease, thought this was common knowledge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad