GDT: R1:G4 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes | April 27th | 2:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Oh and let me just say one more thing. The officiating by both refs and linesmen were an abomination yet again yesterday The fans really let them have it yesterday. I legit think if they called a penalty on us in OT and we lost there might have been a riot. This nonsense about things evening up is such BS. The majority of calls have gone against us in ALL 4 games this series. The icing calls have been an embarrassment. We have had 7 PPs in 4 games combined. They had 5 alone in game 2 and 14 overall. That is quite a disparity especially when you factor in how many calls they have missed or ignored on them and how at least half of the calls for them have been weak or invented.

Reactions: Potvottier

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
So based on a small sample size of four games, the Isles are 0-3 when I watch, and 1-0 when I don't.

I know what needs to be done. I am willing to no longer watch games so we can make the same comeback as the 75 team.

See you in the 2nd round

Reactions: Big L

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I mean you're guaranteed to run into trashcans from Seaford but at least they understand hockey.

Canes fans don't have the slightest clue 20 years in. It's actually insane how shitty they are at understanding this sport. The actual hockey fans that moved down there all support teams other than the canes.
The second point is true because the actual hockey fans who move down there are already fans of an existing team. The perfect example of this is how whenever the Sabres play in Raleigh there will be lots of our fans in the building (when we were good our fans would basically take the place over) because lots of people who leave WNY end up in North Carolina (this is also true for when the rags and Isles play in Raleigh as well as it's a popular relocation destination for people from the Metro area as well).

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Last minute trip to the city and was able to catch my first game in the new barn. Impressive arena - wow. Love everything about it. Pregamed in that beer garden thing out front and that was super cool. Beautiful spring day.

Thought the Islanders played a hell of a game. Nice to see the first line so involved. Great atmosphere at the UBS and nice to experience that post-game playoff win energy again with the chanting and honking... 30 minute train ride from midtown to our very own arena? Amazing.

Win tomorrow and lookout...

LGI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad