GDT: R1:G3 | New York Islanders vs Carolina Hurricanes | April 25th | 7:30 PM | F/3-2 L

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
if we went 0-9-0 we would have gotten a game changing player..or at least a shot at one

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
We’re leading the series 2-1 in the shots on goal battle #moralvictory

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Difference in the game was Sorokin being horrible and Anderson being steady and making the necessary saves.

You can argue that we have been the better team in 2 of the 3 games and in the other game had a 3-0 lead. This series should be 2-1 at worst (and probably would be if not for Sorokin) and could realistically be up 2-1 if not 3-0. It is unreal how we can just not catch a break.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Had the opportunity, would've went with Varly's calming presence.

Best players were only passengers.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Just don’t know how to win anymore. They can’t put full team efforts together. P I’m not sure what the point of making the playoffs has been the last two seasons. Ownership needs to think pretty hard about what they need to do cause this thing ig isn’t working and I suspect it will only continue to get worse.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
What about the first 2 games?
Responding on mobile on this site is a disaster. More crashes than the Southern State

What about the first two games? They could easily have won game one, had a 3-0 lead but were utterly dominated, and played well enough to win this game too

When your goalie gives up 2 supremely soft goals in the playoffs, chances are you’re not going to win

Ilya f***ing sucked tonight

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
They played a good game tonight. Played well in game 1 too. Just didn’t come through.

Goaltending was the difference tonight. Pretty frustrating to be on the wrong end of that with a $10M cap hit devoted to goaltending.

Reactions: attilatheislander

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Pulock just needs to start blasting shots
I assume you’re referencing the couple of times when he had a chance to throw a puck on the net but skated into the corner. I suppose if he threw a wrist shot there that would’ve been a better option, but let’s be serious, the guy couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
I assume you’re referencing the couple of times when he had a chance to throw a puck on the net but skated into the corner. I suppose if he threw a wrist shot there that would’ve been a better option, but let’s be serious, the guy couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.
Better than skating into the corner and turning it over.

Reactions: Throttle

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
The last five minutes of that game was the exact opposite of game two. Couldn't establish the zone and Carolina kept it out most of the time. It says everything about this season. We just couldn't finish games. It's the one constant from Lambert to Roy- last five minutes were usually disasterous!

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
Tough team to rebuild with given the cap hits and term of so many players. Just not sure how much can really be achieved this summer. I hope I am wrong and they can ditch a few contracts without massive draft capital heading out.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
well...on the bright side........

Reactions: attilatheislander

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
why even pull the goalie when you arent even being aggressive, The whole entire period we played from the blue line with zero bodies in front of Anderson . Long Shot on goal, no one to be found near the puck. It is like we are outsized by this time by leaps and bounds.

Carolina sweeps us on Saturday.. Far too disciplined.

Thanks for the extra week of hockey. I wanted these guys to tank in February.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad