Music: R. Kelly's empire is crumbling.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
R. Kelly has been building his public image since the early 90s. By the end of the 90s and into the early 00s "Kellz" had become a mainstay of the music industry and one of the most successful R & B artists in the United States. However, recent developments are bringing out a lot of skeletons that were trapped in his closet.

Over the last couple of years R. Kelly is really being exposed for all of the insane things that he's done over 2 decades, particularly a lot of his sexual misconduct. From the initial 2002 video which showed R. Kelly engaging in some questionable behavior (I'm sure anyone who knows him knows what I'm talking about), which he was able to get out of due to a legal technicality due to the search.

R. Kelly was the subject of a recent 6-part Lifetime documentary called "Surviving R. Kelly" which details his long history of sexual misconduct, as well as including testimony from victims, families, as well as his peers in the music industry, including John Legend, Chance the Rapper, and the singer "Sparkle".

It's long been known that R. Kelly is far from a choir boy, but the new Lifetime series, which (presumably) prompted a search of his studio. The search found evidence that people may have been living at the studio (Alleged sex slaves).

I've seen half of the Lifetime documentary so far and I must say, I can't see R. Kelly wiggling out of this one here. I think that, as with many of these stories of celebrity sexual misconduct looking back on a lot of their prior behavior actually shows you how disturbing these things are.

Here is a disturbing (albeit, absolutely hilarious) example of what I'm talking about. This is R. Kelly's 2011 New Year's Day performance in Ethiopia, Africa. The first 1.5-2 minutes are the important part of the video.

The dude is literally recruiting women from a poor country to bring back to America with him. Yikes!

What do you guys think of this situation here, and how in the WORLD has R. Kelly skated by with all of this insanity for such a long time in his career? I've been a huge fan of R. Kelly's music, but man this guy is twisted!

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The fact that R Kelly's career continued long after Dave Chappelle's sketch is real cultural touchstone. Thats where I started to just accept that it was me, not everybody else, that I was hopelessly out of sync with popular culture.

I just assumed pissing on underage women would be disqualifying from any future pop music endeavors so when Kelly carried on making music with artists like Lady Gaga for almost 20 years I just assumed "well I guess pop culture is okay with this now" and went about my life.

Its amazing that the guy who made the documentary already has people making accusations of sexual impropriety against him. :rolly:

Sep 19, 2008
The fact that R Kelly's career continued long after Dave Chappelle's sketch is real cultural touchstone. Thats where I started to just accept that it was me, not everybody else, that I was hopelessly out of sync with popular culture.

I just assumed pissing on underage women would be disqualifying from any future pop music endeavors so when Kelly carried on making music with artists like Lady Gaga for almost 20 years I just assumed "well I guess pop culture is okay with this now" and went about my life.

Its amazing that the guy who made the documentary already has people making accusations of sexual impropriety against him. :rolly:

Neal Brennan said that R Kelly "wanted to fight Dave" after that sketch :laugh:

Reactions: Pilky01

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
obviously if the accusations are true he should rot in jail

but...doesnt make Ignition Remix any less great

Every masterpiece is created by someone who is a little messed up in the head...

In the words of Kanye, "Name one genius that ain't crazy". lol

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
No clue how this guy isn’t in jail lol

None of this pedophile **** is news...
Yeah I really don’t understand it. He got off in 2002 on a technicality but I don’t know how that wasn’t the end of his career.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
"Do you have yo passport? Did you get yo shots? Girl, you wanna come wit Rob to America? America!"

That may inadvertantly be the funniest song on the internet. The fact that his oblivious backup singers jumped in absolutely floored me.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
"Do you have yo passport? Did you get yo shots? Girl, you wanna come wit Rob to America? America!"

That may inadvertantly be the funniest song on the internet. The fact that his oblivious backup singers jumped in absolutely floored me.
Dude it has been pre-occupyingly stuck in my head since I’ve seen it. So absurd.

Reactions: holy

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. And I'm glad I can say that not a single dime of mine has ever found its way into the pockets of that predatory psychopathic pederast R Kelly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad