News Article: R.I.P. Mike Bossy

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bossy could score at will in today`s NHL with goalies equipment the way it is, he had that good and quick of a release, so sad

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bossy could score at will in today`s NHL with goalies equipment the way it is, he had that good and quick of a release, so sad
Imagine him with all them powerplays they get today. O man would he light it up.People think Pasta and Ovechkin can shoot .If his back never gave out the #s would be unfathomable.

PrimumHockeyist

Apr 7, 2018
hockey-stars.ca
Unreal goal scorer, his career was sadly cut short by a back injury, what might have been for him & the Islanders if he could have stayed healthy.

May he rest in peace.

RIP and yes, too, too bad his career ended so quickly. As I recall, he said that he would score 50 goals in his rookie year, and did. Quelle confidence.

Reactions: TCB and BMC

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
May the Great Mike Bossy rest in price as him and Lafleur were two guys I never wanted the puck on their stick when they crossed the bruins blue-line.

What a team that was led by Bossy, Potvin, Trottier, Gillies, Billy Smith, Chico Resch, Tonelli, Nystrom, Bobby Bourne and Butch Goring the list goes on but they were truly a dynasty and a fun team to watch and yet another team the bruins played 2nd fiddle to during their dynasty years.

Reactions: BMC

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hey all, nice thread and as an Isles' fan I appreciate the recognition of Bossy. Sounds strange, but I consider Bossy and Orr two of the most underrated players in NHL history. Even though they're both considered among the greats, it seems like their true greatness is not properly appreciated by a lot of people. If my life depended on an all-time team winning 1 game, Orr would probably be my first pick (if you watch old videos from his prime, it looks like he stepped out of a time machine from the future and started playing against lesser athletes). Bossy might be my 2nd. Put those 2 guys on the ice together and forget about Gretzky, Mario, etc. - you might not need anyone else!

Will probably be rooting for you in the playoffs (won't be hard if you're playing NYR, TOR, WAS, PIT, TBL, etc. :laugh:).

Reactions: BMC

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Im too young to have seen any of his games, that said

His highlights, stats, and legendary status are crazy...

Also one of the greatest last names for a great player, ever...

RIP and enjoy the hockey in heaven Mike Bossy!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad