OT: R.I.P. Lou Reed past away

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Listening to Velvet Underground's best of right now. Man, they did some good stuff back in the days.

RIP Lou Reed

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Yep, pretty sucky. I got to see him live once and actually just recently came into the blue mask and vu and nico on vinyl.

My copy of the velvet underground box set looks like it's been through a war too with all the listening and booklet re-readings.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Past away...
Hafta say....That's my first time reading that one.

Lou was a human heroin experiment....showed that if you shoot heroin you'll look 70 by age 50..but only lose a couple of years off of your life span.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Past away...
Hafta say....That's my first time reading that one.

Lou was a human heroin experiment....showed that if you shoot heroin you'll look 70 by age 50..but only lose a couple of years off of your life span.

Nice and sensitive of you Grant, weird how the other insensitive comments were deleted but not this. Best part is that it's not true. He actually was more into speed and alcohol was his biggest demon. The heroin was exaggerated, he even played it up during the 70's.

Oh, we're not talking about his music. For all you kids out there his song Perfect Day is featured in the latest ps4 add. Even if he never had any solo hits his 60's band the Velvet Underground would be enough of a legacy for him to be a legend. Look them up if you're into your rock history, great band.

BigM

Nov 7, 2003
Argentina
Visit site
Lou is/was my all time favorite. Saw him live 4 or 5 times, never disappointed. I guess he never really recovered from the liver transplant he had earlier this year. Hoping as he passed, he was 'beginning to see the light'.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Whether you like him or not, he's the most influential musician of the last 40-50 years. No doubt.

From Velvet Underground to Metal Machine Music, the guy started so many genres of music it's not even funny.

Re-listening to Berlin last night and it just gets better every time I hear it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad