Tribute R.I.P. Leighton Accardo

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
What happened? Didn't we get an update from her mom not too long ago about the treatments being successful? f*** Cancer...

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
What happened? Didn't we get an update from her mom not too long ago about the treatments being successful? f*** Cancer...
I believe we did. It’s one of the challenges having a child with cancer. You want/need to be positive for them and it’s a roller coaster of highs and lows. In our case the wife/mother was so convinced of a positive outcome that she would not accept anything less. That positivity and refusal to face the horrible possibility of death has tormented her for over half a decade now. I’m convinced it’s harder for women, they carry them for nine months, in many cases breast feed them and the closeness is something that even the closest of fathers can’t fully understand.
It’s cancer, one of the meanest SOB’s out there and it’s tragic and more so, the younger the victim.
I hope and pray they can find a way to be happy they were blessed to have had and known Leighton, always remember the goodness and her strength and find a way to carry on with life because there really is no other choice.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The name did not ring a bell when I saw the thread. I was expecting to read a former Coyote had died. When I clicked the link and saw her picture I knew exactly who she was. Coyotes had a nice presentation for her at a game I attended. Her family has already been through a lot and to lose her during the holiday season must only make it worse. Nice to see the Coyotes are helping them cope.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Was at the Hockey Fights Cancer game last year against Calgary where she was honored. So saddened at her passing, and sending all the love and comfort to her family and friends. Our whole community is in mourning. :(

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
We lost our son to cancer. The struggle doesn’t end here, would not wish this on my worst enemy..... if I had an enemy.

We lost our 15th month old Nephew to a drowning in the Family pool over a decade ago. No one in the Family has recovered fully, it has changed everyone. I hope you are well and have support.

I haven't been back in this thread since my original post because 2020 was depressing enough already. I don't know why I came back just now but saw your posts and didn't want to say nothing so...f***...sorry guys. That's just horrible. I can't imagine going through something like that and I wish you guys couldn't imagine it either.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I haven't been back in this thread since my original post because 2020 was depressing enough already. I don't know why I came back just now but saw your posts and didn't want to say nothing so...f***...sorry guys. That's just horrible. I can't imagine going through something like that and I wish you guys couldn't imagine it either.
Thank you

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
I think I also heard that a little boy from a couple of years ago also passed. Can't remember his name but it was during the brief Ryan White era as he is on the bench giving him a fist bump as he walks off after ceremonial puck drop.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think I also heard that a little boy from a couple of years ago also passed. Can't remember his name but it was during the brief Ryan White era as he is on the bench giving him a fist bump as he walks off after ceremonial puck drop.
Sad if true. I remember him as quite the character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad