R.I.P. Jamie Rodgers (thegodfather)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I posted happy birthday to him on FB with balloons yesterday and saw a celebration of life video on my timeline today. Felt like a schmuck.

Rest in peace, Jamie.

Now the hardness of this world slowly grinds your dreams away
Making a fool's joke out of the promises we make
And what once seemed black and white turns to so many shades of gray
We lose ourselves in work to do and bills to pay
And it's a ride, ride, ride, and there ain't much cover
With no one running by your side my blood brother

My God that was beautiful.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have taken him to a few games. He mentioned maybe a month ago I had to get you up to go to a game.

Last conversation we had was 3 days before this heartbreaking news. Asked me if we could go out for a beer. I couldn't make it. Deep down inside I knew I should have made a better effort.

This is going to haunt me for a long time.
No way you could have known.

skullguise

Nov 13, 2007
North Andover, MA
I never knew him, but remember his name. Based on the tributes and that incredibly beautiful video, he was very loved.

For those that feel bad about wishing a Happy Birthday, please don't. You are paying respects to a friend. I was friendly with a woman who owned a pet store; got to know she and her mom fairly well. For YEARS after her mom passed, people would still post birthday messages on her wall. I think it's a great way to keep memories alive.

Condolences to family and friends.....RIP Jamie.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I have taken him to a few games. He mentioned maybe a month ago I had to get you up to go to a game.

Last conversation we had was 3 days before this heartbreaking news. Asked me if we could go out for a beer. I couldn't make it. Deep down inside I knew I should have made a better effort.

I truly believe we (not necessarily you and I because we haven't actually met) but "we" in terms of family and close friends will meet again...

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

It was sudden, what happened.

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
If someone could PM me as to what happened so quickly to Jamie I would greatly appreciate it. TIA

Kosi

Jul 29, 2019
My sincere condolences to Jamie's family, friends, hfboards friends & hfl sim family.

Gotten to know Jamie here on hf a long time ago (kosikarzzz) and through our hfl Sim league and facebook. Looks like he left a good mark on this world with all the people he has touched.

Long live the Cosa Notras.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

You can’t beat yourself up over that.
We’ve all got situations like that in life.

I was sitting on the porch with my grandmother the day before she passed. The phone rang, I went back inside to answer it and just stayed inside for the rest of the night and never got the chance to speak to her again.

Took me a long time to get over it, but the good memories eventually overtake the sad.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My sincere condolences to Jamie's family, friends, hfboards friends & hfl sim family.

Gotten to know Jamie here on hf a long time ago (kosikarzzz) and through our hfl Sim league and facebook. Looks like he left a good mark on this world with all the people he has touched.

Long live the Cosa Notras.

At risk of being crass, in a memorial thread.
Welcome back.

Reactions: Kosi

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I shared a link to our thread on Jamie’s FB, and received this response from his brother:

Susan thank you for sharing this link and please pass along the families sincere appreciation for all the kind words, support and memories shared by the HF Community. God Bless.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I shared a link to our thread on Jamie’s FB, and received this response from his brother:

Susan thank you for sharing this link and please pass along the families sincere appreciation for all the kind words, support and memories shared by the HF Community. God Bless.
Susan, can you please pm me what happened? Why suddenly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad