R.I.P EJ McGuire

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Wow... Shocking :(

He was so reputable... R.I.P.!!!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
definitely sad day for the hockey world, we gotta stop seeing the good ones go early. I will miss listening to him talk pre draft and post draft. I always valued his opinions and his dedication to hockey.

Prayers are with his loved ones and family, hockey will miss you E.J....sad day my friends.

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
RIP!

Age 58 is way too young! I had no idea he even had cancer. None of the news reports say what kind of cancer.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Sad, sad news. This guy was awesome to watch in the leadup shows to the draft, extremely knowledgeable and really came across with his passion for not only the draft, but for the game and for the bright futures of the kids he scouted.

So long, EJ - looks like you'll be scouting for the great GM in the sky...

Great article on NHL.com...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=558576

Cutty Sarkn3ss*

Very sad news, loved his prospect videos he made for ever draft, will be missed

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
This is very sad news. I had no idea he had cancer. The season isn't even over yet and I was getting mad that none of the local sports radio shows weren't having him on to talk about the draft.

He was a very knowledgeable hockey man and really came across as a nice guy. Like others have said, I'm really going to miss his pre-draft videos.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Stunned about that news....will be sorely missed by every draft lovers out there....

Rest in peace E.J. Condoleances to the family...

R S

Sep 18, 2006
They tried to keep the news on the bigtime DL that he was even sick.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
RIP EJ, had a quick conversation with him after the Draft last year. He seemed genuinely appreciative that a handful of us who stopped to talk with him.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
This was such a shock. One of my favourite people involved in Hockey.

R.I.P E.J, you will me missed.

Oroku Saki*

Every time EJ spoke you heard a man who loved the game of hockey tremendously. I am very shocked and saddened by this. My thoughts are with his family. :(

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Sad news.

His dedication to hockey, and his pre-draft videos, were quite amazing. He'll be missed.

Condolences to his family.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
This literally came out of nowhere, at least for me.

R.I.P. EJ, hockey lost one of their smartest and most respected today.

Yeah I only knew it was coming because a few weeks ago a pair of scouts were discussing it in the media room here in Saskatoon. They said it wasn't looking good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad