I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Here is live footage of Jim Benning headed to the stage to select Quinn Hughes
C9B2CBCA-6CE1-4FEA-B45E-3AFE905009DD.gif

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Is this an NHL record for the Canucks?

A Rookie representing his team in 3 consecutive all star games ?
Ive never seen anything like it. THREE years in a row ya crobro

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Is this an NHL record for the Canucks?

A Rookie representing his team in 3 consecutive all star games ?

thats quite a feat. Whether they win the calder or not is a sky high goal. but 3 consecutive all star appearances as rookies should be a huge feather on Benning's cap as a draft(rebuild)-focused GM, god knows he's spotty in his other duties.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
thats quite a feat. Whether they win the calder or not is a sky high goal. but 3 consecutive all star appearances as rookies should be a huge feather on Benning's cap as a draft(rebuild)-focused GM, god knows he's spotty in his other duties.

Not to take anything away from Hughes great season but Benning has never been focused on draft/rebuild.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Not to take anything away from Hughes great season but Benning has never been focused on draft/rebuild.
I know he didn't focus on it. but somehow it just ended up that way. anyways, he does have a passion for the scouting side of things, and his track record backs it up.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Its fantastic, i love it. I wonder if someone can continue the tradition next year, Madden? Rathy boy Bone? Mckenzie Stewart? HBL?
I think Hoglander and Madden are likely our closest bets to Calder contenders next season.

Not saying they will be, but they're the two most likely to content for a spot on the team and have the highest upsides.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I think Hoglander and Madden are likely our closest bets to Calder contenders next season.

Not saying they will be, but they're the two most likely to content for a spot on the team and have the highest upsides.

Madden and Hoglander probably 2 seasons away from playing on the team. I'd say Juolevi, Rafferty and MacEwan are more likely (to play, not to contend for the Calder).

pretzel

May 5, 2017
Still feels like a dream every time I see Quinn Hughes in a Canucks jersey. Hopefully he can swing some Calder votes at the All-Star game.

Reactions: mriswith

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
As incredible and as satisfying as Quinn's rookie season has been at the halfway mark, I must admit that I find no small amount of frustration that he currently has 8 other rookie defencemen that are either ahead of him, or tied with him for goal production. He's been sooooo good at getting shots on the net with accuracy, and with a harder shot than pretty much anyone predicted he'd have this time last year, and yet the stats don't lie. Would love for him to get a little more puck-luck and good bounces and get those goal total stats where we all know they should actually be considering his level of play.

Reactions: Indiana

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
And don't look now, but with Kubalik getting 7 points in his last 3 games, the 3-way race for rookie of the year is now a 4-way race. Hughes, Ololfsson, Makar and Kubalik, all within a few points of each other.

I didn't see that coming at the beginning of the season. Thought it would be a 4 way race between Kakko, the two Hughes bros, and Makar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad