The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Love it when a plan comes together
59W5.gif

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Naturally he's out for a week....after all, he just became a full-fledged Canuck defenseman. Guy plays the whole season in the NCAA and just before he signs in VanCity, he takes a shot off his ankle. You can't make this stuff up.

Looks like he'll be lucky to get into six or seven games. But he's obviously played a lot of hockey this year, so hopefully the Canucks early summer will get him into off-season training.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
It's pretty obvious to me that his ankle is probably a bit sore but could easily be played on.
Considering he is potentially the saviour to our blue line as well as 10 games from expansion eligibility it's clear to me that management is playing this situation very slowly.
It tells me they wont expose Hughes to the expansion draft, which is sort of encouraging given how incompetent this management group has looked at times.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's pretty obvious to me that his ankle is probably a bit sore but could easily be played on.
Considering he is potentially the saviour to our blue line as well as 10 games from expansion eligibility it's clear to me that management is playing this situation very slowly.
It tells me they wont expose Hughes to the expansion draft, which is sort of encouraging given how incompetent this management group has looked at times.

There was never a chance he'd be exposed in the expansion draft. The issue is that they could be forced to protect Hughes, leading them to expose someone else that they'd otherwise want to keep.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
we have no PP QB he'll get a lot of PP points through that opportunity alone. I can see his ES points being nerfed a bit by having to play more conservatively at NHL level. While 25-30 would be very disappointing, 45 seems unlikely without Green giving him permission to take a lot of risks and that doesn't seem like a Green thing.

I dont know.

25-30 point rookie Dman is kinda good.
30p would make him a top 30 producing rookie d man since the 04 lock out.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
if hughes can make the transition and play regular minutes you would think 30 points is in reach over 82 games. if he can handle the nhl i think the offence will be there.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sergachev’s 17-18 season is a reasonable expectation.

15 minutes/game hugely sheltered with 80% o-zone starts and heavy PP usage where he racks up a fair few points. Probably not quite as many as Sergachev without Stamkos and Kucherov but getting to 30-35 total shouldn’t be unreasonable.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Sooooo many Canucks tropes.

Ideally, I'd want him on the second pairing with a defensive defenseman veteran like Luke Schenn next season and just bring him along. Re-sign Schenn right now and let him know what he has to look forward to next season so he can mentally prepare for it. Get the right trainers and coaches around Hughes now. And just build this into a success story. This is what I'm hoping happens.

It is very exciting to have a prospect like this.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Sooooo many Canucks tropes.

Ideally, I'd want him on the second pairing with a defensive defenseman veteran like Luke Schenn next season and just bring him along. Re-sign Schenn right now and let him know what he has to look forward to next season so he can mentally prepare for it. Get the right trainers and coaches around Hughes now. And just build this into a success story. This is what I'm hoping happens.

It is very exciting to have a prospect like this.

I'd be interested is seeing how he plays with someone like Stecher who can also move the puck and also transitioned from college.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There was never a chance he'd be exposed in the expansion draft. The issue is that they could be forced to protect Hughes, leading them to expose someone else that they'd otherwise want to keep.
Only issue cause some posters dissect each and every word JB says. Were not concerned translates to them as we are not worried about the number of games he plays versus we will take care of the situation. People believe what they want to believe.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Only issue cause some posters dissect each and every word JB says. Were not concerned translates to them as we are not worried about the number of games he plays versus we will take care of the situation. People believe what they want to believe.

People form an opinion based on information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad