Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
So 9 games this year would be the BEST option unless we go to the playoffs then i guess hed get more. Probably dont need to worry about that tho

Yes. Cheer for Michigan to advance to the Big Ten tournament championship game on March 23, with of course Quinn heroically leading the way. That would cinch it.

Reactions: lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hughes will be in the Canucks line up in March. The big question is what this means to a d-man like Stecher. Just can't see the Canucks employing two blueliners who stand 5' 10" or less. One guy that size is about all most NHL teams can justify.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Hughes will be in the Canucks line up in March. The big question is what this means to a d-man like Stecher. Just can't see the Canucks employing two blueliners who stand 5' 10" or less. One guy that size is about all most NHL teams can justify.

Green is not a fan of stecher and honestly neither am i. Love his heart and motor but he just doesnt have the skills to get away w being that size

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Apparently had the flu during the WCJ playoffs. And was on ice for 0 goals against.
Was wondering about that. My seats werent close enough to see him on the bench but a couple times they showed him against russia on the big screen and he looked sickly and like ha was hurting somewhat.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Green is not a fan of stecher and honestly neither am i. Love his heart and motor but he just doesnt have the skills to get away w being that size

Or we can get rid of Gudbranson and his -18. All of that size isn't helping him.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver

When Stecher first came in he was a heck of a trigger man on the power play. He would lean in to slap shots and get them through, and for a brief period he changed the dynamic on our power play. For whatever reason he got away from that, and now, we don’t even need a trigger man like that anymore.

I could definitely see him being the odd man out at some point, especially if we can pick up a good UFA defenseman.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Disappointing tournament but maybe expectations were just too high.

Brannstrom looked like by far the best dman in the tournament.
Mittlestadt outplayed Pettersson last year. Brannstrom is in his draft + 2 season as well, he looks like a fantastic prospect though.

Rumour has it Hughes was battling the flu, he’s having a fantastic season in college on a mediocre team.

Was shockingly not deployed on USA’s first unit power play which was pretty laughable.

I also thought he was really good in the Gold Medal game, created a ton of chances. Started the play on USA’s first goal and on his next shift set up Oliver Wahlstrom with a tap in which he whiffed on (seems like a common theme with this player in big moments)

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Mittlestadt outplayed Pettersson last year. Brannstrom is in his draft + 2 season as well, he looks like a fantastic prospect though.

Rumour has it Hughes was battling the flu, he’s having a fantastic season in college on a mediocre team.

Was shockingly not deployed on USA’s first unit power play which was pretty laughable.

I also thought he was really good in the Gold Medal game, created a ton of chances. Started the play on USA’s first goal and on his next shift set up Oliver Wahlstrom with a tap in which he whiffed on (seems like a common theme with this player in big moments)

Ive asked a couple of time and nobody has answered but where is the source that Hughes was battling the flu

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Shift by shift vs Russia .

Unbelievable skill and agility passing and skating is sublime. Would probably be the best at both on the Canucks today

Needs coahing on some desicion making but nothing major

I definitely see a top pairing Dman that weve desperately needed since day 1.

Like a young Yannick Weber.

Reactions: Peter10

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Why can’t we have both Stecher and Hughes play on the canucks at the same time?

Stecher is significantly better defensively than MDZ, Pouliot, and Gudbranson. I would say about even with Hutton and some nights better. Only Edler and Tanev are clearly better.

And are the rumours that Green doesn’t like him substantiated? I know he has a weird obsession with Gudbranson and Pouliot but I can’t imagine he dislikes Stecher.

Reactions: Peen

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
the gold medal game was the only time i've watched a whole game of quinn hughes. i feel two ways about him

on the one hand, he always goes right on the rush. i feel like that's going to get him squished like a bug in the NHL, once forecheckers figure him out.

on the other hand, i loved watching him skate the puck out of the zone. i kind of only wish the sedins could have held on for a couple of extra years because his potential ability to go from the defensive zone to crossing center ice on the PP is ehrhoff-like.

if i may dream for a second...

sedin sedin boeser
pettersson hughes

but he sees the ice well and passes hard and accurately. he just might be the kind of player that looks better in the NHL, playing with/passing to NHL players than juniors. on the other hand, i bet a lot of guys on the canucks might literally be NHL players but would flub those passes too.

Reactions: lindgren

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
Defensively I think Hughes was pretty good in the WJC tournament and as we all know he is a excellent skater. Hughes could definitely benefit by improving his shot though. Its too weak to overpower goalies but his release is also too slow and got blocked often.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Why can’t we have both Stecher and Hughes play on the canucks at the same time?

Stecher is significantly better defensively than MDZ, Pouliot, and Gudbranson. I would say about even with Hutton and some nights better. Only Edler and Tanev are clearly better.

And are the rumours that Green doesn’t like him substantiated? I know he has a weird obsession with Gudbranson and Pouliot but I can’t imagine he dislikes Stecher.

Green has scratched Stecher this year and his ice time is down.

I dont thinn there will be room for both Stecher and Hughes on the team but i could be wrong.

I see us going after Tyler Myers/ Erik Karlsson as a right shot D in the off season.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
Green has scratched Stecher this year and his ice time is down.

I dont thinn there will be room for both Stecher and Hughes on the team but i could be wrong.

I see us going after Tyler Myers/ Erik Karlsson as a right shot D in the off season.
If we ship out Stecher so that we can sign Tyler f***ing Myers to a bloated contract then Benning is somehow dumber than I thought.

Stecher is better than Myers is right now and I don't think it's close.

Reactions: hittes petr sykora
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->