Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Nobody is disputing how good he normally plays.

Right now though, especially the last two games, he has struggled mightily. In the final moments he’s rarely being put out when trying to protect a lead.

I think he is nursing an injury as he’s been hit hard many times. He is not quite the same as in the beginning of the tourney.

1. Why would you put Hughes out there to protect the lead?

2. I dont know what you consider " final moments "

But he took his normal shift w 4 min left then again w. 2 min left.

Here is his shift by shift video in semis

He leads team in ice time in the tourny but i cant confirm or deny your injury allegations because i dont have proof

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
1. Why would you put Hughes out there to protect the lead?

2. I dont know what you consider " final moments "

But he took his normal shift w 4 min left then again w. 2 min left.

Here is his shift by shift video in semis

He leads team in ice time in the tourny but i cant confirm or deny your injury allegations because i dont have proof

1. Because he is a defensemen, and should be able do defend against fellow teenagers at any time, especially crunch time

2. I was not counting or writing down his shifts. It was just based on eye test. I noticed at the end of last game he was played less often

Can you actually be objective about his play? No one is going to revoke your fan card.

He is playing poorly as even our own poster Luck 6 has detailed on the previous page, and they have watched him LIVE

Look, I want him to succeed, and I’m sure he will once he matures. Let’s hope he has a great game tonight!

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
1. Because he is a defensemen, and should be able do defend against fellow teenagers at any time, especially crunch time

2. I was not counting or writing down his shifts. It was just based on eye test. I noticed at the end of last game he was played less often

Can you actually be objective about his play? No one is going to revoke your fan card.

He is playing poorly as even our own poster Luck 6 has detailed on the previous page, and they have watched him LIVE

Look, I want him to succeed, and I’m sure he will once he matures. Let’s hope he has a great game tonight!

Because hes a Dman he should be out there in the final seconds?

Thats not his game. Hes an offensive dman. In the laat second you want guys that will block shots and clear the crease.

Even in his prime i doubt Hughes will be our guy to defend a lead in the final seconds.

As for his play...i think he has been good not great in the tourny.

His skating, exits and vision have been cream of the crop in this tourny.

Where i think he is struggling is trying to do too much...that can easily be coached and fixed.

I will live with his mistakes with what he reuturns w. His elite skill.

Id give him a B+ so far in this tourny and id like to think his coach agrees since he has given Hughes the most ice time in the tourny.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Man Im really starting to love this pick more and more, and the crazy thing is a lot of the prospect nuts in the main boards are just pumping his tires like crazy, its only a few of the self hating Canucks fans here who are worried about him because he doesnt have 2 ppg this tourney. I am starting to feel that crazy luck thing about Hughes like i did about Pettersson last year during his INSANE shl season

Man I love this prospect :yo:
Really hoping what EP has done to energize our offence, Hughes will replicate on the blue line.

If his skating is half as good as suggested he’s going to be fun to watch.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I share the concerns a lot of people have about his defensive game. I don't know, it just seems to me like he might be someone who can do so much for this team offensively that it will be a no brainer. Him and Pettersson will be lights out on the pp.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I share the concerns a lot of people have about his defensive game. I don't know, it just seems to me like he might be someone who can do so much for this team offensively that it will be a no brainer. Him and Pettersson will be lights out on the pp.

He should be good on the PP, but I think he will be a bigger advantage, offensively, playing at even strength with our top line. It is his transitional game that is his best attribute IMO.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I can’t count the amount of chances he had where he simply is pretty unlucky or just has no shot whatsoever to finish

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Elliot Friedman reporting that the Canucks have had internal discussion about asking Quinn Hughes to leave Michigan tomorrow and start his pro career as Michigan is struggling.

In the end apparently the Canucks came to the conclusion to respect Quinns wishes of playing this season in Michgian and they will not tempt him with an offer tomorrow

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Why do people keep talking about Hughes on the PP? He has a weak shot. If he plays the point there is no threat of a shot.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Whoa rebel
JadedBoldGraywolf-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
Why do people keep talking about Hughes on the PP? He has a weak shot. If he plays the point there is no threat of a shot.

Because a guy touted to be the saviour of producing offense from our back end ought to be a PP catalyst. I cant think of many impact offensive D men that dont play on the top PP.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

Because players can improve after the age of 18 believe it or not.

Ep40 in his interview with Kypreos said he couldnt even get the puck orr the ice on his one timers 2 yrs ago..

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
Hughes does have great vision in the offensive zone. He makes some great passes, although some of them a bit risky. I find him playing a little more simple game than earlier in the tournament and I think he is much more effective this way.

Earlier in the tournament he was making dangerous plays 60 feet from the net, which I dont like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->