Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So is he taller and heavier than Johnny Hockey?

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
This was his quietest game

Not many rushes. but had some great clears in the final 6 minutes.

I was at this game watching him closely. I have to say, it was the worst game I’ve watched him play. And, he was a stand out on team USA as one of the worst players (possibly because I was watching him so closely, analyzing all mistakes).

He had one really good shift in the 3rd, but there were a lot of poor plays including one where he got hit trying to skate out from behind the net which produced a give away.

I was not impressed, this was the first time I’ve seen him live. I like Hughes a lot and was actually talking him up to my friends, he sure didn’t make me look good today haha.

Reactions: lindgren

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
He usually doesn't play 6 games in 10 days (7games in 11 days including tomorrow). He's used to playing two games a week, back to back against the same team. Also limited time playing with his USA teammates, some of whom can't finish his set ups. I think he will thrive in the nhl as he gets used to playing and practicing with the same players day in and day out. Once he starts playing with gifted players who compliment one another and are able to finish he may exceed expectations.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Lol he is putting up better numbers than highly successful nhl defenceman from college in their d+1 season.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Anyone hear JD Burke’s interview on 1040? He said that he knows NHL scouts that had him #2 with some who thinks he’s as good if not better than Dahlin. Burke thinks the Hughes should have gone #2. Very high praise.

I don’t think Hughes was going #2 given how Makar’s stock was skyrocketing in the previous draft, I can see scouts having a similar mindset value Hughes greatly. Certainly the Blackhawks scouts had a similar idea in drafting Bodqvist.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
I just want to remind everyone how awful boeser looked for USA at the world juniors lol

Reactions: geebaan

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Recent Quotes on Quinn Hughes at WJC

"Hes generational, skating is unbelievable" - team usa teammate, Ryan Poehling

" he changes the game, cant forecheck him, theres a reason he leads our team in ice time" - team usa coach , mike Hastings

" best skater i have ever scouted or seen" head scout Jud Brackett

" supremely talented he will change the position. Hes an instant offence creator. Forwards and offence will thrive when he gets to the NHL"
- ryan biech

" disappointing wjc" - hf board poster

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006

" he changes the game, cant forecheck him, theres a reason he leads our team in ice time" - team usa coach , mike Hastings

" supremely talented he will change the position. Hes an instant offence creator. Forwards and offence will thrive when he gets to the NHL"
- ryan biech

My mom tells me im the best and most handsome and can be anything i want

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Quinn Hughes to wear Pettersson's SHL playoff MVP golden helmet against Finland as an act of revenge against Finish player Kotkaniemi.

# Fake Hughes

member 290103

- ryan biech

Yes, but like the experts here who have decided Boeser is one dimensional and overrated, so is QH.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Man Im really starting to love this pick more and more, and the crazy thing is a lot of the prospect nuts in the main boards are just pumping his tires like crazy, its only a few of the self hating Canucks fans here who are worried about him because he doesnt have 2 ppg this tourney. I am starting to feel that crazy luck thing about Hughes like i did about Pettersson last year during his INSANE shl season

Man I love this prospect :yo:

Reactions: DownGoesMcDavid

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017

Nobody is disputing how good he normally plays.

Right now though, especially the last two games, he has struggled mightily. In the final moments he’s rarely being put out when trying to protect a lead.

I think he is nursing an injury as he’s been hit hard many times. He is not quite the same as in the beginning of the tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->