Quinn Hughes First Career Goal

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
That’s saying something?

Just because he was your best d man for two losses doesent mean he was amazing.

Your team didn’t do very well in the games.

I said he wasn’t exactly great. That doesent mean he wasn’t good. He’s an offensive defensemen. Coming into this game your team scored two goals in two games.

Firstly why are you so upset? He played well in both games. Did you watch them?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Firstly why are you so upset? He played well in both games. Did you watch them?

Not upset.

Already answered that question.

And you agree with me then. He played well. That’s not great.

Great means GREAT. Better then good. He played good in the games is as far as it went.

I know terms like GOOD have been brought down by coaches who say after crap games “oh i thought we were good tonight”

Good used to mean something well, good...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bgav

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
I know terms like GOOD have been brought down by coaches who say after crap games “oh i thought we were good tonight”

Good used to mean something well, good...lol
Not upset.

Great means GREAT. Better then good. He played good in the games is as far as it went.
Ur arguing over nothing, your both saying the exact same thing lol

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Not upset.

Haha what is this.

I do agree Quinn played good in the first 2 games, but played amazing this game though.

He really came as advertised. 6 points so far in 8 Nhl games.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Interesting to see if Tanev can remain healthy with him for any stretch of time. Tanev had an amazing game on the D-side tonight.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Been so so so SOOO impressed with his first 5 games last year and now these 3 this season so far. He doesn't play like a teenage defenceman just getting his first sniff at the pros -- he plays with wild confidence and DAAAAM if he doesn't have the skill to back it up.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I know what you mean but it’s just a weird comparison outside the small American, creative offensively thing. D and winger? I can see what you’re saying anyway though, all good.

I've also made this comment in the past, due to Hughes, height and size in comparison to Patrick Kane and their puck control is where I assume Bertuzzi 44 is drawing the comparisons to Patrick kane. They look very much a like, we are not saying he will be Patrick Kane on the back end, it's the way both players with their small stature maneuver and both players elusiveness look a alike when the puck is on his stick.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I've also made this comment in the past, due to Hughes, height and size in comparison to Patrick Kane and their puck control is where I assume Bertuzzi 44 is drawing the comparisons to Patrick kane. They look very much a like, we are not saying he will be Patrick Kane on the back end, it's the way both players with their small stature maneuver and both players elusiveness look a alike when the puck is on his stick.

Right, I mentioned twice how I understand that from an offensively creative standpoint. I even said I got what he means in what you quoted.

Ah brother, im just not even going to reply anymore if people can’t read this is literally the third time this has happened. Usually if someone has a problem with three different people then it’s a good chance they are the problem.

But in each of these cases all of the replies never had to happen, simply by reading the last line of text in which they quoted. Lol it’s comical now though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
He’s utterly delicious to watch. There’s something so satisfying about watching such a smooth skating d man who controls a game. Vancouver has starved for a d man like him for basically their entire history.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Crazy how he's already logging 20+ minutes of ice time for the Canucks

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
His zone entries and zone exist numbers have to be up there for among the best in the NHL. He’s an absolute magician and to me has been the Canucks best player so far.

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
That’s saying something?

Just because he was your best d man for two losses doesent mean he was “amazing.”

I said he wasn’t exactly great. That doesent mean he wasn’t good. He’s an offensive defensemen. Coming into this game your team scored two goals in two games.
Ok please watch the canucks play an actual game before making a judgement on a player. Quinn has been the best player for the canucks so far this year. Offensively and defensively

Reactions: Kreator

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Draisaitl manhandled him numerous times in the first game this season. He's going to need to find an answer to defend power forwards to be considered an all-situation #1D.

That being said, he has the potential to be an electric top-pairing guy.
You mean after 2 games into his first NHL season he has something to work on? No way!

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Interesting to see if Tanev can remain healthy with him for any stretch of time. Tanev had an amazing game on the D-side tonight.
Hughes was talking a bit about Tanev's hidden offensive ability that he never shows, and praising how good he secretly is.

Tanev has shown flashed before, but because scoring is not his chief responsibility he doesn't focus on it. Broadcast was talking about the defense getting more engaged, so we mat see more vintage Chris Tanev offensive plays (35s):

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad