Quicky Draft BB vs. VanI

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
OK, let's wrap this up now. I pick my two players, then you pick one (so we end this at 22th).

I take Henrik Lundqvist and as my only player spare, Connor McDavid !

You can pick your last player

----

wait, just saw that you didnt pick two players. Pick one retroactively, if your choice was one of mine, hes yours.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Nighthawks select...

The 13th forward Russel Bowie !

The pass-controlling coach Viktor Tikhonov ! ((no dump and chase hockey here, unlike coach Day)

Reactions: BenchBrawl

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Hap Day

Henrik Zetterberg-Frank Boucher-Gordie Howe
Reg Noble-Milt Schmidt-Yvan Cournoyer
Herbie Lewis-Mickey Mackay-Claude Provost
Sergei Kapustin-Ryan Getzlaf-Corey Perry

Serge Savard-Larry Robinson
Joe Simpson-Drew Doughty
Lloyd Cook-Art Duncan

Charlie Gardiner
Henrik Lundqvist

Spare: Connor McDavid
You stole Gardiner. I had him as my target. Edge in goaltending to you.

Your 1st line is great. It should be the best in this draft.

Your 2nd line i can't see the chemistry, would need a closer look. I think the Nighthawks 2nd & 3rd lines are the 2nd & 3rd best in this draft.

The 4th lines are apples and oranges. Yours is built to score whereas mine has role players.

I wonder how special teams would look...

Defensively, your top pairing negates most of the advantage of having Orr. It's a wash in close defensive battles, but an edge to Nighhawks over a long series.

The second pairing looks even.

Edge to yours on the 3rd pairing for chemistry, though if there are injuries to both bluelines, the Nighthawks have guys who could take on a heavier spot role.

Overall, a competitive matchup that might come down to special teams.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I have to disagree that Suter-Orr will be an advantage over Savard-Robinson. Suter is just too weak for Orr alone to compensate.

Both teams are pretty good. You stole Makarov which was a big deal. Not a huge fan of the 2nd line with the Bentleys seems a bit softish.

I'd say 2nd pairing easily goes to me based on having Doughty which is miles and miles ahead of anyone else on the 2nd pairings.

All in all, I don't get why you waited so long to draft your Ds, but still the forwards are a very nice group and the reunification of KLM is great. Love the first line.

No clear winner indeed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad