Quick first mock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
I'm sure I'll do another as more info is released/the draft nears, but at the moment (assuming a TB Cup victory):

1. WSH – Ovechkin
2. PIT- Malkin
3. CHI – Olesz
4. CLB – Barker
5. PHX – Tukonen
6. NYR – Radulov
7. FLA – Picard
8. CAR – Schwarz
9. ANA - Ladd
10. ATL – Stafford
11. LA – Thalen
12. MIN – Schremp
13. BUF – Chipchura
14. EDM – Wolski
15. NSH – Green
16. NYI – Meszaros
17. STL – Montoya
18. MTL – Valabik
19. CGY – Bolland
20. DAL – Lyamin
21. COL – Kaspar
22. NJD – Hedman
23. OTT – Fransson
24. NYR – Schneider
25. EDM – Lisin
26. VAN - O’Neil
27. WSH – Shantz
28. SJ – Zajac
29. WSH – Graham
30. TB - Nokelainen

thestonedkoala

Dear God! I WOULD LOVE SCHREMP TO THE WILD!

But Carolina will take either Thelen or Schremp and LA will take Schwarz or Montoya.

CoolburnIsGone

I can't see FL passing over Ladd for Picard especially considering that Ladd is ranked #1 in the final CSB rankings for North Americans. I also don't see Carolina drafting a goalie when they just signed Cam Ward (2002 1st round pick) to a contract and who should be their starting goalie in the future. And I agree with TSK that Carolina would probably select Thelen or Schremp and also I can't see LA not selecting a goalie either at #11. Radulov is a bit high IMO but could see it happening. Valabik & O'Neill look a little low IMO but also still possible (less likely for Valabik who's now ranked #6 amongst NA). Is it a minor oversight because I don't see Smid in the 1st round and I see him at least as a late 1st rounder especially considering he's ranked #4 amongst Euro players ahead of Tukonen & Radulov who you have in the top 6?? I could see Minnesota taking Wolski (thats scaring just talking about it...Gaborik on one side and Wolski on the other :shivers: ) allowing Schremp to slide to Edmonton and I think Robbie would be the perfect guy for the Oilers.

KH1

1. The Ranger$ are hung up on Ladd. I think they'll take him if they get the chance.
2. The Sabres seem to like Valabik quite a bit. And I'd be surprised to see them take Chippy when Wolski's still on the board.
3. No way the Isles, Blues or Rags pass on O'Neill. He seems to be right behind Thelen and definately ahead of Green and Valabik.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
RichPanther said:
Is it a minor oversight because I don't see Smid in the 1st round and I see him at least as a late 1st rounder especially considering he's ranked #4 amongst Euro players ahead of Tukonen & Radulov who you have in the top 6??

Yup, just forgot Smid. I'd probably put him aroun somewhere in the mid-teens, but could see him going as early as 11.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
King Henry I said:
1. The Ranger$ are hung up on Ladd. I think they'll take him if they get the chance.
2. The Sabres seem to like Valabik quite a bit. And I'd be surprised to see them take Chippy when Wolski's still on the board.
3. No way the Isles, Blues or Rags pass on O'Neill. He seems to be right behind Thelen and definately ahead of Green and Valabik.

Ok, may I ask where this "hung up on Ladd" stuff is coming from. So far i've seen ONE article,saying the rangers were impressed with him, the rest has been hype from fans. If Sather or someone of decent credentials has come out and said "Ladd is #1 on our list" then heck i'll believe ya no problemo, until then, I think its bogus, because no one, i'm sure even management, have no idea what direction they're headed in.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
King Henry I said:

Really? O'Neill Ahead of Green and Valabik??? :eek:

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Fighter said:
Really? O'Neill Ahead of Green and Valabik??? :eek:

Is that sarcasm? Everything i've read has O'Neill ahead of those two.

My ranking of the d-men:

1.Barker/Thelen
2.O'Neill
3.Green
4.Valabik
5.Smid
6.Mezaros
7.Fransson
8.Lyamin
9.Hedman
10.Tesliuk

CoolburnIsGone

Captain Conservative said:

My ranking of the d-men:

1.Barker/Thelen
2.O'Neill
3.Green
4.Valabik
5.Smid
6.Mezaros
7.Fransson
8.Lyamin
9.Hedman
10.Tesliuk
Well the new CSB rankings say differently...so differently that Green & Valabik are ranked ahead of Thelen. Valabik is 6th, Green is 9th, Thelen is 11th and O'Neill is 23rd. And I think a lot of people have Smid (ranked 4th amongst Euros) ahead of O'Neill as well.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
rnyquist said:
Ok, may I ask where this "hung up on Ladd" stuff is coming from. So far i've seen ONE article,saying the rangers were impressed with him, the rest has been hype from fans. If Sather or someone of decent credentials has come out and said "Ladd is #1 on our list" then heck i'll believe ya no problemo, until then, I think its bogus, because no one, i'm sure even management, have no idea what direction they're headed in.

It's fairly common knowledge within most of the hockey community that the blue jackets and Rangers really liked Ladd and Barker.

Whether or not that's who they get is another story altogether. But both teams do have their plans in place already, but they aren't necessarily going to share them.

I think the odds of Ladd or Barker going to those teams are pretty good, though not guranteed.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
i would be surprised to see the hurricanes take a goalie in the first round with ward about ready to set up

i think carolina is going to trade up in front of the home crowd possibly into the hawks spot and draft barker....thoughts??

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
tripledekehockey said:
i would be surprised to see the hurricanes take a goalie in the first round with ward about ready to set up

i think carolina is going to trade up in front of the home crowd possibly into the hawks spot and draft barker....thoughts??

Nope, don't buy it, could happen but I doubt the Hawks would want to move down that far, because Radulov would be all but gone by then.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
Edge said:
It's fairly common knowledge within most of the hockey community that the blue jackets and Rangers really liked Ladd and Barker.

Whether or not that's who they get is another story altogether. But both teams do have their plans in place already, but they aren't necessarily going to share them.

I think the odds of Ladd or Barker going to those teams are pretty good, though not guranteed.

I wouldn't exactly all it common knowledge, 90% of these rumours are based on a Larry Brooks article and the fact that the Jackets need a defence prospect, nothing more. Barker and Ladd could go anywhere, dropping past 6 or going #3, its all up in the air, but i'd hardly say the odds are pretty good, especially because Chicago and Phoenix both have said nothing about who they like.

TVanek26*

I would be happy with Chipchura or Wolski and maybe even a trade up for Schremp...

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
rnyquist said:
Nope, don't buy it, could happen but I doubt the Hawks would want to move down that far, because Radulov would be all but gone by then.

its definately going to be interesting to see what chicago does here -- even if they dont trade, their pick has a direct impact on the rest of the top half of the first round. would they take radulov in the 3rd spot or possibly trade down with the rangers??

i think radulov would be available at the 8th spot, but if he slips past the rangers at 6 (if ladd is available), i would think florida would look at thelen at 7. with the hawks quiet at this point on who they like, i guess anything can happen!!

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Olesz seems to be the consensus pick in Chicago. If they trade down, they'd have get a very good established player (top 3 d-guy or top 6 forward) along with likely going down no further than 7-8. Whomever we draft is likely to be a forward, as Tallon seems to be fairly satisfied with with D-prospects (Babchuk, Seabrook, Barinka) we have.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Captain Conservative said:

My ranking of the d-men:

1.Barker/Thelen
2.O'Neill
3.Green
4.Valabik
5.Smid
6.Mezaros
7.Fransson
8.Lyamin
9.Hedman
10.Tesliuk

Here's mine and it's not sarcasm:

1. Barker
2. Thelen
3. Green
4. Smid
5. Meszaros
6. Valabik
7. Fransonn
8. Lepisto
9. O'Neill
10. Lyamin

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
As I've said before I highly doubt Schremp falls past the Coyotes. I don't think Wayne Gretzky and Make Barnett will let such a natural offensive talent get past them. He has some questions but I think Great One can get the best out of Robbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad