Questions on Incoming Cornell Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojuk

Feb 18, 2004
Can someone give me a scouting report on these Cornell recruits and when you think they will be taken in the NHL Draft if at all?

1. Raymond Sawada, Nanaimo Clippers, BCHL

2. Doug Krantz, Alberni Valley Bulldogs, BCHL

3. Sasha Grenier-Pokulok, Notre Dame Hounds, SJHL

4. Tyler Mugford, Nanaimo Clippers, BCHL

5. Topher Scott, Chicago, ESHL

6. Matt McKeown, Niagara Falls Jr. B Hockey

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I really only know much about the three BCHL players...

Ranked fairly high in this year's CSB rankings, having a great season with the Clippers. Decent size and can play physically but his offensive game doesn't suffer. Good puck control, can move it in mid stride with a hard shot. Is difficult to knock of the puck as he is a good skater with great balance.

Overall is a solid d-man. Can clear traffic in front of the net but isn't overly physical. Somewhat geared towards offence with good skating ability and a hard point shot however is not a defensive liability.

In my opinion the weakest of the three. Is perhaps more of a physical checking line player. Won't light it up but will get in the corners and work hard. Not too fast, but average speed and he isn't afriad to drop the gloves (won't help too much in Cornell I know). As mentioned he will probably see a limited role on a checking line maybe working his way up to seeing time on the penalty kill.

Hope that helps...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kojuk said:
Can someone give me a scouting report on these Cornell recruits and when you think they will be taken in the NHL Draft if at all?

3. Sasha Grenier-Pokulok, Notre Dame Hounds, SJHL

5. Topher Scott, Chicago, ESHL

6. Matt McKeown, Niagara Falls Jr. B Hockey

I don't know anything about these players, but Cornell seems to like players from the Nanaimo Clippers, with 2 taken from them last year, and 2 more this year. I have liked what I've seen from the 2 former Clippers, Ryan O'Byrne and Byron Bitz.

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
I have seen a whole lot of Krantz this year, and feel that he is perhaps the most underrated d-men in the BCHL. He is very solid defensively, moves the puck very well, can QB the PP and has an absolute cannon for a pointshot. Makes very few mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->