2. is there special change rooms
3. how often are you on the ice a week
4. how good do you have to be to play junior b as compared to junior a
5. the differences between junior b and junior a

Futurehockeyscout98

Feb 25, 2014
Gojhl

Well in the GOJHL
1. Yes your equipment is provided by the team. The equipment will depend on the team. Some teams can afford top end equipment and some can not. Examples- Providing: St.Catharines, Caledonia, Elmira. Not providiong- Brantford, St.Marys.

2. Every team has there own change room(except Pelham) where your game day needs are provided

3. Usually games are Tue, Wed, Thur,,Fri,Sat and Sun so a lot of teams practice Monday and other days through out the week. I know one team practices Monday, wednesday and opptional skate Thursday and played Friday through Sunday

4. You must bring your A game to make a Jr.B team. If you play Jr.A you just need to have $ but to make Jr.B you need skill and hard work.

5. The difference is you pay to play Jr.A and they get more scouts than Jr.B however Jr.B is stronger than Jr.A and in recent years has began moving many players onto OHL, BCHL, USHL, NCAA, NCAA D3. My opinion Jr.B is stronger.

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
Well in the GOJHL
1. Yes your equipment is provided by the team. The equipment will depend on the team. Some teams can afford top end equipment and some can not. Examples- Providing: St.Catharines, Caledonia, Elmira. Not providiong- Brantford, St.Marys.

2. Every team has there own change room(except Pelham) where your game day needs are provided

3. Usually games are Tue, Wed, Thur,,Fri,Sat and Sun so a lot of teams practice Monday and other days through out the week. I know one team practices Monday, wednesday and opptional skate Thursday and played Friday through Sunday

4. You must bring your A game to make a Jr.B team. If you play Jr.A you just need to have $ but to make Jr.B you need skill and hard work.

5. The difference is you pay to play Jr.A and they get more scouts than Jr.B however Jr.B is stronger than Jr.A and in recent years has began moving many players onto OHL, BCHL, USHL, NCAA, NCAA D3. My opinion Jr.B is stronger.

Ok...let's calm down on the blanket assumptions that Jr. B is better than Jr. A. It certainly isn't in most parts of the country. The league you are referring to (the GOJHL) is commonly recognized as one of the best in Canada, but could all 26 teams be competitive in the province's Jr.A league (the OJHL)? No...definitely not. Now, there are some internal politics at play for why they haven't been re-classified, but even if the league did get bumped up - it wouldn't (or shouldn't) be ALL teams, or else that creates the same problem the OPJHL had a few years ago when there were like 37 teams.

In Eastern Ontario, the Jr.B is definitely below the Jr.A, although could the Jr.B winner beat the last place team in Jr.A? Probably...surely at least one or two times over a 7-game series. And I think this fact holds true in most of Canada. Could the Keystone Cup winning Jr.B team from Vancouver Island beat the BCHL's bottom feeder? Probably. I think it's more productive to discuss the differences in terms of ice-time and development, as opposed to calibre, because there are always going to be lower tier teams able to punch above their weight, and higher class ones that are in a down year.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
It often depends on the league you at in what gear you'll receive as each league is sponsored by a different brand.

In general Jr A leagues get worse as you move east. Bchl and ajhl being the better leagues. These leagues also produce the most players that receive ncaa scholarships.

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013
Well in the GOJHL

This might be the funniest post on this board, I fell over laughing :laugh:

Let me guess, your a 98 playing in the GOJHL lol

Look at the NCAA commitments from the GOJHL, OJHL and CCHL for anyone looking to find out who produces the most talent....

GOJHL = 3
OJHL = 27
CCHL = 24

:handclap:

jaysfan17

Mar 22, 2015
1. Is equipment provided for and is it top end equipment
2. is there special change rooms
3. how often are you on the ice a week
4. how good do you have to be to play junior b as compared to junior a
5. the differences between junior b and junior a

Did you end up trying out?

BackBringCam

Nov 14, 2005
Kemptville
So you need to be a good player to play Jr B, but to play Jr A all you need is $ and a roster spot is handed to you?

That's great to know, I'll start saving now for when you 4 year old is 17 !!

"My boy's gonna play in the Big League....." :yo:

:shakehead

Richandpoor

Jul 23, 2015
This may help......

It often depends on the league you at in what gear you'll receive as each league is sponsored by a different brand.

In general Jr A leagues get worse as you move east. Bchl and ajhl being the better leagues. These leagues also produce the most players that receive ncaa scholarships.

These articles have a slightly different take on Jr A "East" and the GOJHL:

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=45065

http://thejuniorhockeynews.com/?p=45135

Labtec1

Aug 9, 2015
I would not agree at all with that article nor the ranking. As the writer clearly stated "Again this is not a historical account of each league but a rating based upon last season alone." If you were look at the historical data of all those leagues, perhaps the past 10 years, I suspect the rankings would be very different. Last thought; a leagues ability to market players vs actually moving players to the next level is very different..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->