Question

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So I need to replace my PS4 because it died and I don't want to wait until the PS5 comes, so this time I dont wan the old model, I want the pro because I want the 1TB of memory the 500 GB model filled up to fast.

But before I get the pro I have t make sure it can connect to 2.4Gghz wifi because I have a buddy of mine that says he has an issue with his PS4 pro connecting to the internet.

So I'm making sure the pro won't have an issue because if it does I will have to get a 500 GB model but I want the pro for the extra space.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm pretty sure you can just switch down to the 2.4 ghz connection. Or you can buy the older model and just buy an upgraded hdd.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
If you have an original model PS4, it can only connectto the 2.4GHz band on your router. The newer PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro can both use either 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands. Certain routers combine both bands into one SSID

3 Quick Fixes for PlayStation 4 Wi-Fi Issues - MakeUseOfwww.makeuseof.com › Gaming

It definitely connects to the 2.4GHz band.
You're trying to avoid it using the 5GHz band, correct?

Sounds like you need to make sure your Router isn't using the same SSID for both bands. (If that's the problem you're referring to).

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad